Stroked CRVtec?

richocet1

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Can anyone link me to a car they have seen with a stroked CRVtec, preferably with ITB's. I want to see some dynos and pics.

Exospeed*com

exospeed.com
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Whats your goal and point in seeing a setup like that. Just curious. I dont really recommend stroked b20s at all in 99% of setups. Its not necessary. The only time I'd suggest Stroking the motor is if building a full race or serious street car. other than that, its not worth it.

richocet1

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Exospeed*com said:
The only time I'd suggest Stroking the motor is if building a full race or serious street car.
:naughty: :naughty: :naughty: :naughty:

That's the plan.

Handlebars

None Taken.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
stroking a b20 vtec is a very bad idea. b20's already have thin cylinder walls, stroking puts more lateral forces on the sleeves. stroking also hurts the motor's ability to rev, severely limiting dwell time and increasing rotating mass.

Exospeed*com

exospeed.com
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If you're planning to stroke a b20, I'd suggest SLEEVING an LS and then Using a Stroker setup rather than using the B20 block. The B20 cyl walls are weaker and if you sleeve a LS. you can bore it out to whatever bore size you want.
So are you looking at 14-15:1+ compression on this motor? how about bore size? 85-86mm?

silvertuner98

Banned
sleeve the b20. crower makes a full stroker kit up to 2230 cc's i believe. if you sleeve it, you should be just fine. if you sleeve the b20 you can also bore it out to what you want. it will be able to handle it.

www.crower.com

bizoneoeh

Ex-Gang Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Exospeed*com said:
If you're planning to stroke a b20, I'd suggest SLEEVING an LS and then Using a Stroker setup rather than using the B20 block. The B20 cyl walls are weaker and if you sleeve a LS. you can bore it out to whatever bore size you want.
So are you looking at 14-15:1+ compression on this motor? how about bore size? 85-86mm?
:werd: that's what my boy did with a ls block.

Vichay Bun
http://ndra.nopi.com/eqraces/dsp_eresults.cfm?vshowid=49&vclassid=2A-Comp 4

here's a vid of us at the dyno, his crx is towards the end of the vid. I did not record the dyno monitor tho :( it's a mustang dyno so it isn't all that accurate. He's making something like 230hp. I think his best time is something like 11.5 or something like that. You might've heard of him if you go on HT, his screen name is, "B20vtec86crx"

dyno vid
http://media.putfile.com/dyno-time