strut bar fitment???

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
they should all fit over the box, cause the box isnt even close to the strut tower 0_o

pmac193

Thundermuff
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
they should all fit over the box, cause the box isnt even close to the strut tower 0_o
The y7 has a goofy upward facing intake manifold so the tb faces straight up with the filter box directly above it. OP you may run into some clearance issues with a strut bar. Which bar are you looking at specifically? It would be a perfect time to swap the manifold for a y8 one. :cool:

civexspeedy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
There are bars that are bent to avoid the stock box/aftermarket intake pipe. I don't know which companies make them since I've never searched it but I've seen them out there. Shouldn't be too hard to find..

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i failed to see the y7 part.

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I can offer this advice, the purpose of a strut bar is to increase rigidity and reduce flex, avoid hinged bars, since their design and pivot point kind of defeats the purpose.

Kurtbreton

2000cx
yeah i want to go with a black works 3pt strut tower bar(no hinges) but i dont even think i could fit an aftermarket intake onto the tb and still clear it

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
id do the mani swap, imo

emerican

Registered VIP
If i was gonna do the mani swap on a y7 though id prolly at least really consider going ahead and doing the mini me, but thats just me.

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Unless you have a lot of money wrapped up into your suspension
If i was gonna do the mani swap on a y7 though id prolly at least really consider going ahead and doing the mini me, but thats just me.
Makes more sense in the long run to just do that instead of all the work just for the IM swap.
I'd do this first before I went ahead and worried about any sort of bars.

Kurtbreton

2000cx
i have been looking at swaping the mani, going to look at one today actually. not gonna do the mini swap though, rather just save for a k20/b18 and dump ma money into my suspension right now

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
i would invest in beefier swaybars instead... you'll feel much more of a difference, especially when rotating the car around corners.

95CTR

52mpg? I do it all day.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i would invest in beefier swaybars instead... you'll feel much more of a difference, especially when rotating the car around corners.
yeah but if you go to big on the sways done civics run the rick of ripping the mounting points, ive heard that is real common in the rears

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
yeah but if you go to big on the sways done civics run the rick of ripping the mounting points, ive heard that is real common in the rears
it's true. beaks subframe reinforcement kit to the rescue.

95CTR

52mpg? I do it all day.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
do the fronts have anythign to worry about as far as ripping out?

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
do the fronts have anythign to worry about as far as ripping out?
never heard of anyone tearing up the front... then again, never heard of anyone overbeefing up the fronts either since most people seek to minimize understeer.