strut bar question

916EK

5+ Year Member
I'm wondering if the brand of a strut bar matter. I have a 97 EK and I am willing to get some strut bar soon so I was just wondering if the brand makes any different

sohc_vtec 2NR

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
its not the brand dat matters, but the design. you want a solid piece i.e. oem bars

Jezek

No Avatar FTW.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
***moved*** to suspension...

KoketsuCivicSi

MySpace Whore!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i would say cusco, tein & comptech are functional tower bars.
bars from e-bay are purely for looks

Jezek

No Avatar FTW.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It's a metal bar.....all you are paying for is a nametag.

Mr. Lin

Admiral Ackbar
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the $15 strut bar in my old civic worked just fine.

EBPimpSi

CCCC member #76
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
passwordjdm.com has some nice quality bars without the pricetag.

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Jezek said:
It's a metal bar.....all you are paying for is a nametag.
i dont agree that a $15 strut bar off of ebay is equal to a firewall mounting triangular cusco or password bar.. im not talking s**t and sure it MIGHT be mental.. but the car felt MUCH mroe rigid in the front over bumps and s**t when i first put the password bar in..

Jezek

No Avatar FTW.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
oc_civic said:
i dont agree that a $15 strut bar off of ebay is equal to a firewall mounting triangular cusco or password bar.. im not talking s**t and sure it MIGHT be mental.. but the car felt MUCH mroe rigid in the front over bumps and s**t when i first put the password bar in..
Sorry, I was refering to the basic strut bar that only goes across....not in a triangular fashion ;)

Eran

It's on ass-backwards.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
916EK said:
I'm wondering if the brand of a strut bar matter. I have a 97 EK and I am willing to get some strut bar soon so I was just wondering if the brand makes any different
you don't have an ek, but don't worry, we won't hold it against you ;)

green

You Can DO IT!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i say get a stock si strut bar and call it a day. cheap, oem, and does the job. if you like the bling, get the password 3point.

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
green said:
i say get a stock si strut bar and call it a day. cheap, oem, and does the job. if you like the bling, get the password 3point.
i agree that the oem ones are good.. i have a honda access optional strut tower bar for an EK9 in my closet that ill be selling.. i just went with the password bar because it looking nicer.. BUT now that its on.. i think its definately better picking up that third tie in point..

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
KoketsuCivicSi said:
i would say cusco, tein & comptech are functional tower bars.
bars from e-bay are purely for looks
Tein doesn't make strut bars do they??

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
cgpEJ6 said:
Tein doesn't make strut bars do they??
yes they do.. not sure if its for honda yet.. but its just a normal single point bar.. if you have the moncey to drop.. id really consider the 3 point..

steve98ex

say no to rotas
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
just make sure its a solid bar, not something cheap with pivot points on the ends. the above mentioned are good, also neuspeed makes a good strut bar

EXSpeedAddict

POWERTHIRST!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i have a Vibrant strut bar on the front ($25), and you can def feel a difference after bolting it on, even though its just a 2 point one (connecting the two strut tops, no firewall mount)