Strut/shock/spring combos?

shields

I'm a Vag-etarian.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
What's up ya'll, new to the site. Thinking about some new suspension parts for my car, 2000 FBP Si. Already have some tokico springs, thinking about either Skunk 2 sport shocks/struts or some KYB adjustables. Just wondering if you guys have/had these on your rides, or know any horror stories about them! Thanks for looking and any advice!

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Go with the Koni Yellows. They are fully adjustable.

Welcome to the site man.

Phantom Civic

Never Satisfied
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I have skunk2 coilovers with skunk2 sport shocks. Good ride but a little on the stiff side.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Depends on:
1. Your budget
2. What you'll be using the car for

EK|B

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Are the Skunks adjustable? If not, get the AGX.

shields

I'm a Vag-etarian.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
No, the skunks aren't adjustable. Think I'm going with the KYB's anyway. Thanks for the help though guys! It's my driver, to and from everywhere I go. I was thinking the skunks b/c they are cheaper than the KYBs, which would allow me to buy some other things like LCA's, strut bars etc... Let me know what you guys think!

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
The one thing that you will learn is dont go cheap on suspension parts, you will pay for it in the long run. I would go with the KYB over the Skunk2's.

Where in Cincy you located?

EK|B

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
LCAs and strut bars are lulz.

shields

I'm a Vag-etarian.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Man, I was just going to ask you that myself! Western Hills, Cheviot area. How about you? Yeah, wasn't really thinking cheap, just less expensive. The KYB's seem nice, don't want too stiff or soft. Just want a decent ride. HIt me up, let me know where you're at man.

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Honestly I would go with something adjustable. That way if you do a lot of driving during the week you can set it somewhat soft and then if you do SCCA or take it to the track you can tighten them up.

I am from Anderson Township/Eastgate area.

EK|B

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
What's lulz mean???
It's like lol, what I meant to say was: You don't really need LCAs unless your bolts are seized and you don't want to get new bushings pressed in.

Strut bars look good, but do very little for handling.

shields

I'm a Vag-etarian.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Honestly I would go with something adjustable. That way if you do a lot of driving during the week you can set it somewhat soft and then if you do SCCA or take it to the track you can tighten them up.

I am from Anderson Township/Eastgate area.
Werd, I get my s**t worked on at Honda out in Eastgate. If you ever need anything there's a dude I know there that does s**t on the side for cheap. That's parts and labor, plus he's a certified Honda tech! I'm going to do the KYB's I think. Get at me if you want any info about him, or if something is going down out that way (shows etc); and enjoy this shitty ass snow!

shields

I'm a Vag-etarian.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
It's like lol, what I meant to say was: You don't really need LCAs unless your bolts are seized and you don't want to get new bushings pressed in.

Strut bars look good, but do very little for handling.
Got ya, I just figured new LCA's would be a little more durable. The stock ones just look so damn flimsy!

shields

I'm a Vag-etarian.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
lol, i always love how ppl throw koni in the mix like their easily affordable
I s**t money dude, just don't want Koni's! Nah, they were on my list of possiblities, but the KYB's seem more realistic and reasonable.