struts and coilovers?

Dulce

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I was thinking about getting these struts with coilovers and i just thought i would get some other peoples opinions on them first.

struts with coilovers

Dulce

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
No one willing to give their opinion or wisdom or anything?

mk97

g0t h0nda?
5+ Year Member
dz isnt the greatest company. id suggest investing in kyb, tokico, koni, etc for the shocks. if your on a budget though, dz will be okay.

Dulce

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
mk97 said:
dz isnt the greatest company. id suggest investing in kyb, tokico, koni, etc for the shocks. if your on a budget though, dz will be okay.
Thanks for the input, but i am on a budget right now so it sounds like these will do for a while.

94_4dr

5+ Year Member
Suspension is something you want to have faith in and trust me i woundnt be going around any corner at high speeds with those

K2_civic

Fo-drizzle!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
94_4dr said:
Suspension is something you want to have faith in and trust me i woundnt be going around any corner at high speeds with those
Alright, I can tell you right now that everyone hates this spings and struts but I actually own these exact same set of spings and coilovers and I love them. I don't race my car and I don't know what that guy is talking about high speeds, if you are going that fast around a turn, your rims should roll off the tires first. My honda guy, who does all the work at the honda dealer in my area, says that these are the nicest set he has installed. They are not name brand but they ride great, its a nice drop, and a great price. All of these people that say KYB and stuff, I doubt that they own them, but I really own this set, and they are worth it. I think you are making a good choice, why pay $1000 for something you can get for $300, they work just fine. Since I have bought mine, 2 years ago, there have been 5 other people get the same sets (same honda guy put them on) and they are all still running fine. Just don't be too aggressive with the drop

94_4dr

5+ Year Member
kabulski said:
Alright, I can tell you right now that everyone hates this spings and struts but I actually own these exact same set of spings and coilovers and I love them. I don't race my car and I don't know what that guy is talking about high speeds, if you are going that fast around a turn, your rims should roll off the tires first. My honda guy, who does all the work at the honda dealer in my area, says that these are the nicest set he has installed. They are not name brand but they ride great, its a nice drop, and a great price. All of these people that say KYB and stuff, I doubt that they own them, but I really own this set, and they are worth it. I think you are making a good choice, why pay $1000 for something you can get for $300, they work just fine. Since I have bought mine, 2 years ago, there have been 5 other people get the same sets (same honda guy put them on) and they are all still running fine. Just don't be too aggressive with the drop
i dont know what your honda guy told you but yes if a shock blows or a spring breaks you are going to understeer and yes you are more likley to hit something if that happens :roll:

All im saying is I have alot more faith in tokiko or koni OK if your ballzy enough to try them then more power to ya

K2_civic

Fo-drizzle!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
94_4dr said:
i dont know what your honda guy told you but yes if a shock blows or a spring breaks you are going to understeer and yes you are more likley to hit something if that happens :roll:

All im saying is I have alot more faith in tokiko or koni OK if your ballzy enough to try them then more power to ya
What do you have on your car? I am sure that we'd all love to see a piece of your work? And yes you are right, if you are driving around a turn fast and the spring breaks or the shock falls, you will understeer and could wreck. But look a little deeper, first of all tokiko and koni and dz are all springs made of steel, so they should all break at the same time, the only different in the spring constant. i'll give you that tokiko and koni make better shocks, but think how many cars are out there driving with busted springs, just about every car lowered on stock struts are busted and they don't wreck. So, the fact of the matter is that you shouldn't be racing around turns, save that for the track, and if you buy s**t and wreck on the track, you'll slide off the track and not into some innocent oncoming car, and all you'll be left with is thinking "damn, those dz's are s**t, well at least i didn't kill a family" sorry to b***h at you, and you made a great point, you could wreck with cheaper products, but i wanted to make a point to everyone, that we need to quit doing this stuff on the street, its no wonder why imports have such a bad name

94_4dr

5+ Year Member
I have Tokiko blues with eibach prokit and who are u to judge me on a forum. NO I DO NOT RACE AROUND TURNS LIKE AN IDOT. yes i do it at midnight and on a open road were there are farms on either side of me.

K2_civic

Fo-drizzle!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
That thing is lowered? Looks like time and road ware would lower a civic that far, but bump to you for not racing around people, but why even race around at all? I mean I am sure you can beat the local kids on bicycles with that thing, but I think a gold cart or a lawn mower would give you a good race. And no I am not saying mine is fast, I just think anyone that races not on a track deserves to get pulled over or lose their car. I think you may have watched fast and the furious too many times. "Edwin, knows a few things, and one of the things Edwin knows is, it's not how you stand by your car, its how you race, you better learn that boy" - so well spoken by ja rule

94_4dr

5+ Year Member
Practice makes perfect even if your car is slow and that ja rule comment is the reason why I autox because i would rather race my car than stand next to it!!!

94_4dr

5+ Year Member
kabulski said:
That thing is lowered?
Its the angle that its at and its sitting on 17" ;) BTW i hated fast and the furious for what it did to imports

Dulce

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thanks for the input guys. Im not really going for performance or anything seeing as how my car will never be fast, these are more for look and ride. I was just wanting opinions how if they ride comfortable or if its a waste of money etc., but thank you guys.

94_4dr

5+ Year Member
Dulce sry for completely taking over your thread will stop and If all your looking for is look and ride then go with the DZ again sry :(

Dulce

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Oh its quite alright, i was looking for opinions and thats what i got, i guess i should have specified that they were for for look than performance.

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
kabulski said:
why pay $1000 for something you can get for $300,
because basic logic tells me there is some reason that my suspension was $1100 and that is not.. that does NOT mean that the s**t you posted is bad.. it just means that there is some reason... to start Tein full suspension is totally serviceable.. is drop zone? maybe it is i dont know? i also prefer the one piece threaded shock body VS the sleaved coil over.. im pretty confident with Teins quality... i know its promotional s**t and they would never talk s**t on the product THEY produce.. but just take a quick glance..
http://www.tein.com/info.html

ive been really happy with my s**t..

K2_civic

Fo-drizzle!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Sorry to everyone for getting these people fired up, I agree that DZ are not performance and work fine if you are going for a good look, sorry for the bash on the civic pic, it must just be the look and I'd rather see something lowered a little then slammed with the wheels tucked and 5inches of camber missing, so sorry for the thread jack and i agree with everyone, Fast and the Furious ruined the import world, it makes half-assers have a goal to be half-assers

Dulce

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
kabulski said:
Fast and the Furious ruined the import world, it makes half-assers have a goal to be half-assers
if you were talking about me, im not really half-assing anything. Yea im short on money right now so im going with the cheaper struts and coilovers, but that really isnt half-assing it compared to people who cut their own springs or people who get lowering springs and dont change their struts. I no that my car is never going to be fast, unless i swap in a k20 or something, so the least i can do is make it look nice and stand out and also have more comfort in the way it rides rather than the people who actually half-ass it and only buy half the s**t they need.

K2_civic

Fo-drizzle!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I never said you were half-assing, I have the same setup that you are talking about buying, so that would make us both half assers if I said that, I was just making the comment that its easy for other people to spend your money when they don't have that on their own car

Dulce

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Sorry, you just kind of made it sound like you were talking about me, but yea, i understand what you mean. My friend half-assed his 94 accord, and it looks good, but rides like s**t, its too bumpy and i dont want that in my car.