stuck at 90

spad3dEK

5+ Year Member
well like it says my car stops at 90.... i heard that it wasn't a Governor since its a 97 dx im not sure if that's true but can some one hep me please =)

fwdpower

No traction though.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Is there a reason for you to go past 90 mph in the first place?

VSP

Just hand me the wrench.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I can't find any official documentation on a 1997 Honda Civic DX top speed limiter (not the same as a rev limiter, by the way). However, this is discussed in a bit more detail in this thread, along with possible solutions:

http://www.honda-acura.net/forums/showthread.php?t=60807

And, for the love of god, I hope you're only going this fast at the track. With a helmet. (Note: with your stock engine, I'm afraid this casts doubt on that location or method. Please don't be stupid.)

mahalo

formerly egninesallday
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yea you shouldnt be going 90 anywere but a track home slice

EK|B

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Damn, you guys beat me to it.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Let him learn from his mistakes. When someone dies, he'll know.

spad3dEK

5+ Year Member
I've done it on open roads and a track... I'm not stupid I care about my car and my life..... I've also done many driving/drifting and high speed classes I know how to drive... just have got into the mechanics. Of every thing yet

VSP

Just hand me the wrench.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
That's cool. Where can I take a high-speed driving class? Is that like the special tactical driving classes we all hear about the cops taking?

spad3dEK

5+ Year Member
i just singed up for it threw uti but it was only a 150spd class wasn't the cop 300 license test or racing test but i know Firebird raceway has its own driving classes for the 300 license

mikemo

5+ Year Member
Check at nearest racetrack here in n.cal we have a Bob Bonderant driving school , I work for county and drive a truck around all day they send me to evoc course (defenseive driving course )with sheriffs dept. take old cop cars out to old air base runway and teach you how to control your car and what to do to keep control. wet and dry condit. Funnest day driving the crap out of cars,and at the end have to pass a road course .