Stupid LCA bolts.

ShinsenTuner

CC's Youngest OG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
My LCA bolts (both) snapped today while trying to install my rear springs.

Now I may have to purchase either new...
1. Bushings - yet pain in the ass to install
2. New LCA's - Expensive and also a pain in the ass to install

..........ugh. I will pay someone to come down here to MA and do the rear suspension install for me!!

wetcmonkey

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
? get the bolts at a junkyard and pocket it...i got four want me to ship you them? i couldnt get one out and i had a press to get it out what did you use to snap it?

ohh you need new LCA not the bolts...how did your LCA snap?

Last edited by a moderator:

steve98ex

say no to rotas
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
just cut the bolts off, drill the bolts out and replace them. i had to on one

lca's are not hard to install

Partizan

im gay n proud luv my car
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
How would you drill it out?

wetcmonkey

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
correct drill bit right over the bolt, make sure you go with the bolt and straight through though if you dont youll get have a partial bolt in the hole and one crooked ass hole...

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
also if there is part fo the bolt stickin out you could get a bolt extractor. they work really well.

ShinsenTuner

CC's Youngest OG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
just cut the bolts off, drill the bolts out and replace them. i had to on one

lca's are not hard to install
Do I necessarily HAVE to change my LCA bushings if I cut the bolt? I really don't want to buy new LCA's... lool

Liz

c=}:::::::>
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I pulled the whole LCA off and used a drill press to get it out. BTW I called Honda then as was told I could get the bolts for 15 bucks a pop.

steve98ex

say no to rotas
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Do I necessarily HAVE to change my LCA bushings if I cut the bolt? I really don't want to buy new LCA's... lool
no not at all

just take off your lca and your shock off together so you can mess with them on a workbench instead of under that car. then cut the bolt off. now your lca should be seperate so you can start drilling. you only want to drill the bolt, not the bushing. so start with a small drill bit to make the initial hole. then work your way up through drill bits until you get to the size of the bolt. if you don't get the first hole straight its no big deal. just work your way up in sizes until you get all the way through the side of the bolt. then hit it with some pb plaster or penetrating oil, let it soak, then pound out the remainder of the bolt.

its kind of hard to explain so let me know if you didn't quite get all that lol

steve98ex

say no to rotas
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
btw, are you going to replace your springs or your shocks too? because you might have to cut the nut of off your shock, if you're reusing them, because the bolt will still be in there too. maybe not though, because those bolts tend to seize in the bushing not the nuts. hopefully you'll be able to grab it wth vise grips or something and turn it out.

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i used a tourch to remove mine.. :oh:

ShinsenTuner

CC's Youngest OG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
btw, are you going to replace your springs or your shocks too? because you might have to cut the nut of off your shock, if you're reusing them, because the bolt will still be in there too. maybe not though, because those bolts tend to seize in the bushing not the nuts. hopefully you'll be able to grab it wth vise grips or something and turn it out.
I'm reusing my stock shocks for now... I'm probably going to have to take off the LCA's and shock assembly together and bring it to a shop so they can cut it off. I don't have the tools to do that.

We tried the torch thing too, it didn't do anything. The bolt is probably seized up in the bushing... so new bushings is probably going to be needed anyway. :(

Inigo Montoya