Stupid Mechanic....

Blazing angel

Not to bore everyone, i had my car's transmission linkage (a wire from shifter to gearbox) replaced, but the damn mechanic didn't put back a little cover in the rear compartment, and now i can see the handbrake cables!
For reference, it is part #17 on this page

http://www.hondapartsdeals.com/hpa_parts_list.php?vin=&Label[ProductID]=CIVIC&Label[YearID]=1999&Label[DoorID]=4&Label[GradeID]=LX&Label[AreaID]=KA&Label[TransmissionID]=4AT&Label[SectionID]=INTERIOR+%2F+BUMPER&Label[IllustrationGroupID]=CONSOLE&ProductID=4&YearID=17&DoorID=4&GradeID=5&AreaID=2&TransmissionID=5&SectionID=7&IllustrationGroupID=2176

but is not available. Any help:?:

ej_swag

Häagen-Dazs
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Are you talking about this piece?

ImThaBean

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The part is available, you were just looking in the wrong trim level. If you check the DX trim, it'll show up. As far as the console being loose, I don't see any bracket that it bolts/screws to in the rear. just make sure that it's bolted to the front half of the console. I think you may have just never noticed that it's loose. Double check under your seats to make sure the lid didn't fall off during reassembly. IF its not there, I would go back to the mechanic and tell them its missing. They may have it laying around and give it to you or not. If they don't tell them that they need to pay to replace it. That can go either of 2 ways, they'll order it (usually under a discount) or give you the money to or tell you to kick rocks.

Here's the part numbers.
P/N:83408-S01-A50ZA (excel charcoal)
P/N:83408-S01-A50ZB (medium taupe)

Blazing angel

I'm postive it was the mechanic. Everytime he does one action on the car, another part messes up
thank you so much , I just hope they ship to Canada !

barrett

Registered VIP
sadly thats true very few places do and if they do prices are super expensive.

Blazing angel

YES they ship to Canada. Thanks you all for the help. + rep

edit 2: part: about 8$
shipping : 66$ Really Honda?

Luckily the local honda dealer can get it, shipping free

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It's not honda's fault shipping to Canada is a pain in the ass. We charge a lot to ship there too because of the hassle. I have a customer that drives into the states to pick parts up from a hub up in Blaine, Wa. Costs 75% less to do it that way including the gas it takes him to travel back and forth.

Blazing angel

It's not honda's fault shipping to Canada is a pain in the ass. We charge a lot to ship there too because of the hassle. I have a customer that drives into the states to pick parts up from a hub up in Blaine, Wa. Costs 75% less to do it that way including the gas it takes him to travel back and forth.
Ironic that some models (i.e Si ) are only made here :(

And i checked 2 individual online dealers. One charged 66$, the other charged 10 $