That's what she said..
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i base it on the type of music you listen to

primarily rock-sealed
primarily rap-ported
alls you want to do is be heard-bandpass

sealed and piorted are great designs but bandpass boxes are a muddy sound and dont do good with higher fregency short bass notes bandpass arefor show in my opinion they look crazy i have a 12" type r in a ported and i love it

tjlucas

Banned
if u say it doesnt matter sealed to ported, thats cuz ur a stupid son of a b***h and wont admit it cuz u got the wrong one in ur car. my civic pounds cuz when i put the system in i put the right s**t in, i didnt just throw anything in there. i did a good job on my car cuz im used to workin on real cars. sealed box in a sedan, ya, ur fukin brilliant, lmao

JDM melbatoast

That's what she said..
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeah that guy was dumb but did you have to swear that much man?

tjlucas

Banned
i no my s**t, i deal with real cars, japanese dont know how to make cars, ur rollin in a toy car the sounds like a vacuum cleaner 12 months a year and ur system sounds like s**t, 15" subs are useless and a waste of money. have a blast with ur civic one-point-whatever-litre. ur sedan is a 96(brutal),

THATS A WRAP

Akiahara96

back!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
way to go, noob, you're on your way to a banning.

he didn't say it doesn't matter sealed to ported. both boxes are good, but different.

i'm sorry, have you been in my car? have you heard my car? i'm not some little kid who "just threw s**t in". my system is well matched and put together. it gets loud enough to place in spl competitions, but is a sound quality system. if you think it sucks, you obviously haven't been exposed to enough high quality products. that's not my ego or any delusion, that's just fact. anyone who has had the same equipment, or works with it, will tell you that.

cujo613

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
tjlucas said:
i no my s**t, i deal with real cars, japanese dont know how to make cars, ur rollin in a toy car the sounds like a vacuum cleaner 12 months a year and ur system sounds like s**t, 15" subs are useless and a waste of money. have a blast with ur civic one-point-whatever-litre. ur sedan is a 96(brutal),

THATS A WRAP
If you say so

You keep doing back yard install pretending like you know something. Your response that fifteens sound like s**t just proves that you have no Idea about the dynamics of an enclosure. Our trophies kinda prove that the system doesn't sound like s**t, thats for another topic. As for throwing anything in there I think that I will put our Zapco and Image equipment up against your crappy p-3 anyday. But again thats for a different conversation.

But listen up kiddo, just cuz you got a set of wire cutters for christmas doesn't make you an installer.

If you want to impress me please let me know the fundamentals of a proted enclosure and how you calculate the port frequency. I would be curious to see your response.

The system argument I think I will pass on, just for the fact that I don't think we have anything to prove. We know what our system can acheive and have awards for it.

so enjoy your stay on clubcivic while it lasts

3rdCoast

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Akiahara96 said:
if you think it sucks, you obviously haven't been exposed to enough high quality products. that's not my ego or any delusion, that's just fact. anyone who has had the same equipment, or works with it, will tell you that.
lol he runs P3's i think that says it all sounds like best buy/ circuit city gear. (althought mtx amps r nice i have and old 6500D myself runnin 2 adire audio shivas ,sealed). To the person who started the thread. I does depend on what kinda music u listen to most that helps find the right box. A sealed box is pretty universal and sounds good with any type of music. Nobody can tell me my sealed subs dont hit cuz they r sealed. I've had them in 2 accord sedans and now in my hatch with the same box. Go buy a prefab sealed box made of mdf about the size u need i doubt it needs to be dead on exact size, if u dont like it sell it and build find a ported. I'd stay away from bandpass i think those r trash. Keep in mind ported subs wont handle as much power as a sealed would. I got my box from a flea market for $35 made with mdf and good size for my subs and has been good to me..

tjlucas

Banned
(ENCORE)

1st of all, u said its fine for sealed to be put in sedan, wrong, thats really stupid
2nd, snoopy ur 34 yrs old and ur driving a civic
3rd, i geeve large about getting banned
4th, i think u meant i do installs in my driveway not my backyard
5th, ya, ur car may not sound s**t, but i garuntee it could sound a lot better, and 15s are terible, i had em
6th, relax with the car talk, ur driving an economy sedan
7th, i heard a seald box in an integra sedan(same s**t), sounded terrible, bass hit hard but wasnt loud cuz its in a closed trunk

tjlucas

Banned
3rdCoast said:
lol he runs P3's i think that says it all sounds like best buy/ circuit city gear. (althought mtx amps r nice i have and old 6500D myself runnin 2 adire audio shivas ,sealed). To the person who started the thread. I does depend on what kinda music u listen to most that helps find the right box. A sealed box is pretty universal and sounds good with any type of music. Nobody can tell me my sealed subs dont hit cuz they r sealed. I've had them in 2 accord sedans and now in my hatch with the same box. Go buy a prefab sealed box made of mdf about the size u need i doubt it needs to be dead on exact size, if u dont like it sell it and build find a ported. I'd stay away from bandpass i think those r trash. Keep in mind ported subs wont handle as much power as a sealed would. I got my box from a flea market for $35 made with mdf and good size for my subs and has been good to me..
i run p3s cuz its a civic, not my camaro thx honda flammer

Akiahara96

back!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
why are you here? can you go away now? this site IS NOT for flaming on hondas, since it's a site full of friggin' civic owners. even though you have one, you obivously have an issue with people modifying them. shoo, fly, you don't belong here.

i'm waiting for the reason as to why a sealed box in a sedan is stupid?? where is the logic, here?!

3rdCoast

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
wtf do subs got to do with the kind of car it is??? I bet u got s**t in ur camero too. If u look down on ur civic then y the f**k did u join this forum????? that makes sense...

kaace

I'm getting there...
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
tjlucas said:
(ENCORE)

1st of all, u said its fine for sealed to be put in sedan, wrong, thats really stupid
2nd, snoopy ur 34 yrs old and ur driving a civic
3rd, i geeve large about getting banned
4th, i think u meant i do installs in my driveway not my backyard
5th, ya, ur car may not sound s**t, but i garuntee it could sound a lot better, and 15s are terible, i had em
6th, relax with the car talk, ur driving an economy sedan
7th, i heard a seald box in an integra sedan(same s**t), sounded terrible, bass hit hard but wasnt loud cuz its in a closed trunk
you are an idiot...a big idiot...

i am 33 and drive a 97 civic...its clean, good on gas, has a classic look, dependable, fun to drive...

i sometimes wonder if people like you stand in front of the mirror and practice being an idiot...

Akiahara96

back!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
thanks for echoing my sentiments, 3rdcoast. :D :rolf: at kaace.

i don't see why age matters. there are old men and teenagers alike who drive civics.

kaace

I'm getting there...
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Akiahara96 said:
why are you here? can you go away now? this site IS NOT for flaming on hondas, since it's a site full of friggin' civic owners. even though you have one, you obivously have an issue with people modifying them. shoo, fly, you don't belong here.

i'm waiting for the reason as to why a sealed box in a sedan is stupid?? where is the logic, here?!

you are asking for logic from the wrong person...

Akiahara96

back!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
kaace said:
you are asking for logic from the wrong person...
well, that's painfully obvious, isn't it?

i'm curious where he formulated that opinion. no person in their right mind who knows even a little bit about audio would say something like that. i can understand having a preference, but to say this sounds like s**t just 'cuz is pretty retarded.

btw, 3rdcoast, i'd love to hear your setup. i've never heard adires before, but i've heard really great things. :D

kaace

I'm getting there...
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
he did make one good point 2 tens in the correct box will embarass 2 twelves in a crappy box...

what do you have in your car akiahara?

i wish i had two cars when i was 18...

Akiahara96

back!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
but crappy and sealed are not synonymous. any kind of box can be crappy. it's all in the design. he just said that sealed boxes are stupid in sedans and coupes, period. and that doesn't make any sense.

i have two image dynamics IDQ15s in a 3 cu.ft. sealed enclosure.

kaace

I'm getting there...
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
how about for the mids and tweets? i am in the market for new ones...cant find a tweeter i like...

kaace

I'm getting there...
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i am stuck between one 12 or three JL 8s...i even thought about one 15...

image dynamics is good stuff...i assume you are happy with them?