sub boxes for my hatchback

hispanicboi

5+ Year Member
anybody have any ideas about puttin subs on my 96 civic dx hatchback...theres not much space so im trying to see if theres any other owners that have some custom boxes that they came up with. i might also put in a new floorboard since mine dampens sometimes. appreciate ur help. thanks.

Akiahara96

back!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
buy subs that require a small amount of airspace.

kaace

I'm getting there...
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
one twelve doesnt take up much space...you wanna go custom or just a square wood box?

panda

D-series soldier
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i have 2 jL's in my back.. fit's like a condom :D snugg :D lol.. but what are you going for.. knock or just some bump bump.. cause you can go get 1 speaker put it back there.. lol.. and be good 2 go.. or you can sacrifice the room and put amps,capasitors,boxes ect.. back there..

mastertee31

5+ Year Member
Buy CDT audio Subs. They need very, very small enclosures but at the sacrifice of needing more power. Check out my thread on my custom Fiberglass enclosure. It would be very easy to adapt something similar into your hatch while keeping everything stealth. I would cut out a sheet of MDF to cover your whole trunk floor. I would then raise it a couple of inches (Enough to fit an amp under there) Assuming your using a 12" sub, I would pull out the spare tire and build your box to fit into that cavity with the false floor sitting above it. Then mount your amp under that false floor as well. Soundproof the heck out of it, and cover the whole thing with speaker enclosure carpet to give it that oem look. Below are some rough pics.

You can even counter sink it and cover it in speaker grill cloth so you won't see the sub.

My setup:

hispanicboi

5+ Year Member
im goin for some knock...and im willing to sacrifice some room...i was just trying to see if anyone had come up with some cool designs. i had 2 12's before in a enclosure before it got stolen a while back, so im starting from scratch again.

tjlucas

Banned
i heard a 95hatch with 2x12" xplods. the subs sat in a custom sealed box facing up but slopped a bit down towads the back. it sounded good especially for sony. the window+subs facing em was a good combo, consider that