sub in trunk floor.

bman11

5+ Year Member
ok so i found a good diy on how to do this, the only problem is, what happens when u want to use ur trunk, and s**t is slidding around over top of the sub mounted in the floor? if u put like a piece of fiber glass or something right over top of the sub is it going to f**k with the sound? i assume it would. i do construction so i use my trunk alot for tools etc.

steve98ex

say no to rotas
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
just get a sturdy grill to go over it, that's what they're meant for

bman11

5+ Year Member
oh like that, sweet thanks man. looks like i have somehting to do next weekend

bman11

5+ Year Member
any ideas where i can find out what size box and stuff i need? when they instlaled my sub for me they didnt give me the box or anything i dont even know which one it is, all i know is its a 10'' pioneer pro series, any standard box size i could just make? ported or unported/

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
you are gonna be f**ked if you get a flat tire

bman11

5+ Year Member
no it will b ok, i have it all planned out, the sub should fit at the back far enuff that i can still get at the spare tire, u should see how big the f**kin box is that my sub is in rite now man, takes up the whole back of the trunk, no access if i fold down the seats, thats what i get for cheaping out on a box i guess lol. i think this is gunna b beautiful, ill post pics in a couple weeks to prove u wrong lol

Black Magic

I'm Rick James, b***h
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
You can also do something like my setup:

subs are firing towards the cabin on the other side of the amps. I still have access to spare too!

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
wasnt there a factory sub that went under the seats or somthing like that? thats what id like to get, cause i sticking with the factory radio

bman11

5+ Year Member
holy s**t black magic lol, i need as much trunk space as i can get, im an electrician i got lots of tools and junk to put in the trunk at times, not to mention golf clubs and other things for the weekend

tnk

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
why dont u consider a infinity basslink? i'll take a picture of my set up tomorrow. might change your mind

urs black magic doesnt look to shabby, but what if u get a flat tire? is it easy to pull ur spare out?

eskateboarding7

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I guess while we're showing our stuff, this was my old car:

Access to spare as well and plenty of room in trunk. Amps were protected by 1/4 plexi.

Black Magic

I'm Rick James, b***h
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
holy s**t black magic lol, i need as much trunk space as i can get, im an electrician i got lots of tools and junk to put in the trunk at times, not to mention golf clubs and other things for the weekend
lol. well I think getting a grill and mounting your sub on the floor of your trunk is your best bet, then.

Looking good, eskateboarding7!

bman11

5+ Year Member
well if everyone else is gunna show their s**t heres mine [
this is why i must make some sort of custom trunk, this thing is a piece lol, got it when i didnt really like my car but now i wanna make it pretty

Last edited:

eskateboarding7

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Damn those bassworx boxes are not cheap! Unless you listen to rap I would suggest a sealed enclosure as well. I kind of miss my old system, but I'm happy I'm starting over how because there were soooo many things that I wanted to change (like the port and the RF sub).

bman11

5+ Year Member
i paid like 70 bucks for the box cuz they didnt have the one i wanted, this one was suppose to b like 140 lol. ya this sub is suppose to b sealed, but i just read a bunch of reviews that said it was better with it ported. when i make my custom trunk i think im gunna seal it and leave some space to port it out just incase it sounded better this way. im just having trouble finding out the recomened box diamiters.

tnk

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
as promised, here's mine

bman11

5+ Year Member
i hate to admit it:( but i believe my dreams of having my sub in the trunk without having to move my spare have been shut down:oops: but that alright, cuz while at work today i did some thinking and have come up wiht a new idea, it will not increase my trunk space, but it should look alot nicer than my trunk does atm. i hope to start building it this weekend. it should hopefully be pretty clutch, ill post pics of my project sometime next week if any of u care lol