Sub-Woofer Killed Car Battery When Car is on?

bud6770

Your mom has vtec
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
How many CCA is your battery? cold plus subs on a half-ass battery is bad.

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
ok wait a minute. in one post you say that you have the remote wire hooked up, which im positive you do because your battery would have been dead after the 1st day if you didnt. so we can rule out that

lets get some information on what this system you have entails. how many watts is your amp and how big and max RMS of your subs. how often/how far do you drive your car in a typical week.

CIVIC_VTEC

LOW AND SLOW!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
was your altinater dead? that could be a problem.

Ej8Kid

Too Much Traction
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I have the same problem and all of this electrical s**t is annoying, I just removed my subs lol any music is better than no music.

SnoFox4

Most Boring Car
Doesn't sound like the battery to me.

Could be that the vibrations from your subs just made the connection loose? No need to freak out about it, tighten things up, carry a jump box.

Also, my friends '93 has a issue where the starter becomes picky about CCA, if worse comes to worse, get a new battery. But if you were driving fine for 2 weeks, I bet it's a connection problem, or your battery is just old.

Ds97HB

Here is a easy way to see if your amp is still on after you cut your car off.. look at it. i know most amps should have a green light showing that its getting power and its working. IF your amp doesn't have a light on it. then just test your remote cable to see if it is getting power. I have a 97 HB stock everything and my system doesn't even come close to killing my battery, I have even ran my system with the car not running and she still cranked up. it does sound like your amp is still getting power after the car is off. I think i read somewhere in your post that you said your radio stays on.. if this IS the case then your amp will still be on. so you need to fix that.

civicfan111

Fujiwara's Tofu Shop
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
It's simple guys, ur amp goes to 11, it's 1 louder. Just get a smaller amp that tops out at 10..
Lol sorry spinaltap moment.

Simply look at ur amp when the car is completely cut off and see if te power lite is still on.. Or yu could also disconect the hot wire (should be red) and test it te old fashion way, piss on it ad see if it shocks yu.

Seriously though look at the power light.
The second test would be a funny story though.

Myjobisurmom

well, sounds like you need to either get new battery terminals, a stronger alternator, or a new battery. If all those fail, then i guess you will have to look at all your wiring, because you may have crossed wires.

nikole957

do you hear a click when you try to start the car???
You could need a more powerful alternator, for example in my friends ranger, he has 2 12in solo x's and he had to get a more powerful one as well due to the same problem but go to your local car audio shop and ask them just to make sure.

CIVIC_VTEC

LOW AND SLOW!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
, lets take a minute on this, if your crusin around and you have your s**t blairing. get to your job, or whatever. and shut our car off and try to turn it backm on. its your altenartor. because inorder for your car to start back up. your altenartos charger your battery while driving. hints the black rope that goes throughout your car. truns the altenartor to charge it. it also depends on your system. it its to big, upgrade more altenarots, bigger battery. maybe both.

98civb18c

Banned
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Its about time for an optima battery and a capacitor. Theres no need for a bigger alternator, I've ran 2 additional Optima Yellow top batteries in my trunk when I had my 2 Rockford Power Stage 1 12's and my 18inch Panasonic that I had in my back seat. I was running 2 1200w amps to the Rockfords, 800w amp to the Panasonic, and a 650w amp to my component sets. I had a Rockford 50 farad Capacitor also. My lights didnt even dim when I was at "rock the block" shows and blew out my back window. You have to be smart when it comes to car audio esp. if you want to do it RIGHT the first time. Spend the extra time and money in doing it right, and it'll be worth it.

Also, Wire your amps up to toggle switches so you can cut the power by the flick of a switch. None of that wiring it into the radio s**t. If something shorts out, your going to want to cut the power before the wires melt. Trust me.