subaru owners??? might be one myself soon.

CScivic22

5+ Year Member

Chris.

Stickin' it to the man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i have been looking long and hard for a new car, and came across this one, it seems good but want input from anyone else willing to help me out here on this one. i have been talking with the guy selling it and am looking at a price of around 7700.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300335012692&viewitem=&_trkparms=algo=LVI&its=I&otn=2&category=158479

has full records and only one owner. what does everyone think of it. good idea or bad?
its a good price for an 03 no doubt. i think you should meet this guy and go over the caar yourself before anything. drive it for a few hours to make sure its good.

otherwise.. i would go for it if i had the cash.

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
It's an 03', so you'll want to drive it and make sure there are no grinds or binds in the transmission.
With that mileage it might be a good thing to check for shaft play in the turbo as well.
Also, i'd take it to a mechanic and have a leak down test performed.

that's about average for an 03.
dont cheap out on making sure it's a good car.

somejaykid

i'm a mod now
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
It's an 03', so you'll want to drive it and make sure there are no grinds or binds in the transmission.
With that mileage it might be a good thing to check for shaft play in the turbo as well.

:word: and good luck with the car hunting

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
I personally would find something with lower milage.
if he was going for lower mileage he'd be almost need to be looking at a newer body style, which means he's looking at more money.... so that doesnt even really sound like an option
besides, mileage is a-ok on this car

a properly maintained wrx will last 300,000 miles easily.

tonyM

caca poopoo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

I agree with all of this. 02/03's trannys get real notchy if not properly maintained. You'll know it right away.
if he was going for lower mileage he'd be almost need to be looking at a newer body style, which means he's looking at more money.... so that doesnt even really sound like an option
besides, mileage is a-ok on this car

a properly maintained wrx will last 300,000 miles easily.
You can find lower miles if you have patience and are willing to look look look.

And yes, 300k is very easily done with proper maintenance. AND not beating the hell out of them.

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
I agree with all of this. 02/03's trannys get real notchy if not properly maintained. You'll know it right away.
yeah, there's no real in between. You'll know the first time you shift through the gears whether or not it's in good shape.

I'm in the market for yet another bugeye. I've been looking for the last year and a half... the LOWEST mileage i've been able to find for a semi-realistic price is 89k... but it was a garage build that I didnt have any faith in.

a stock bugeye wrx in good condition is getting harder and harder to find
I'm still kicking my ass for selling my first one.... I tried to remedy it by buying a stage2 automatic wagon.... but I cant stand dogboxes

Chris.

Stickin' it to the man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

You can find lower miles if you have patience and are willing to look look look.

And yes, 300k is very easily done with proper maintenance. AND not beating the hell out of them.
my brother is pimping a 95 impreza with an original 1.8L and it has.... 340,000 original miles...

Ian123

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
STi's go cheap as hell here in VA. you can find an 04 with 50-60k miles for like 20 grand. just take out a loan and buy a newer one. thats the beauty of this country. you can buy things you dont even have enough money for. and if you go into debt, the government will just bail you out.

CScivic22

5+ Year Member
STi's go cheap as hell here in VA. you can find an 04 with 50-60k miles for like 20 grand. just take out a loan and buy a newer one. thats the beauty of this country. you can buy things you dont even have enough money for. and if you go into debt, the government will just bail you out.
Your kind of attitude makes our economy even worse.
:word:

and thanks alot guys,i think i gonna go look at it on monday and test drive it and everything and hopefully it will be legit and i will be the new owner of a bugeye =)

civic94lx

Banned
:word:

and thanks alot guys,i think i gonna go look at it on monday and test drive it and everything and hopefully it will be legit and i will be the new owner of a bugeye =)
Goodluck! I like that gen of WRXs. Post some pics if you already got it.

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Prior to checking out the vehicle in person, please read this helpful faq about what to look out for!

#3 & 4 is most important so pay attention closely while reading. Make sure you read through each page of the full thread; a lot of other members have chimmed in on other little things not touched up on in the first post.

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1222331

Good luck! That's an awesome price for a car of "said" condition and mileage.

Bheims

Bustin windows outcha car
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
good call on the w...i hardly miss my civic lol. I'd hold out for one with lower mileage as well. Craigslist or forums are a good place to look. Tonyk mentioned nasioc, which is kind of like the hondatech of subaru forums. Are you looking at any other ones in your area? If so post up the links

CScivic22

5+ Year Member
thanks alot for the info guys, and yea i have been checking out nasioc alot. also there are no others around my area in good conditon or for a price i can afford. i will be looking at this one on monday and if it looks good ill pick it up and be sure to post pictures. wish me luck

tonyM

caca poopoo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
haha, wow, no kidding I just read that you're from jersey.

I met a guy at the national rallyx i was at from there.
I can hit him up to see if he knows of any up for sale in your area. I'll pm you with what he says.