Suggestion - increase sig limit pic size

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Is there a reason it's only 15kb? I'm using Photoshop right now to make a sig and I have saved it on quality 4 (low, highest is 12) and it looks EXTREMELY s***ty / pixelated, hosted it on photobucket, and it's STILL 5kb over the limit. This is the only forum I go on that has such a low size limit (I think it's the only forum I go on that has a limit) and I don't even want to use a signature with a pic that looks this crappy...

This is the pic I want to use:

For now I'll go back to the old one so people don't get sore about me breaking a rule.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i agree with this. i see no reason why we cant run a larger limit. we all like quality graphics after all

00_Civic_Si

BrokenEM1
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Larger sigs do slow down the website a little bit, but I don't understand why we can't try it.

Kensai

♪♫♪♫♪~
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Use PNG instead of jpeg.

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
png or gif should be smaller, are you using save for web and devices?

DeathLens

EM1 Crew
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
When you go to Edit signature, on the bottom it says...

"Note: The maximum size of your custom image is 500 by 100 pixels or 35.0 KB (whichever is smaller)."

I saved mine on quality 10 and it's under 35k. Around 54k on quality 12. If it has to be below 15k, then a lot of people are breaking the rule...

edit: 00_civic_si is over 50k! lol

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Well I tried this again and did save for web devices or whatever. I had to cut down a lot on the settings to still get it under 15kb. Not sure if the quality really went down but it looks like it... Maybe it's just because the image is so small.