suggestions for my first civic

GohanMint15

Now I want a 4 door civic between 95-00 no earlier then a 90 with a Sharp looking Body and a solid engine to build off of. Any suggestions dont wanna máx anything out but want something clean that I can get the bang for the buck out of looking at 3 to 4k for car and build

GohanMint15

Looking for a honda between 90 and 00 Thats a 4door any suggestions something with a solid motor is that simplified enough?

itsmycookie

#1 a*****e
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I would go for a 1999 or 2000 ex sedan. that's still a 13+ year old car. 6th gens still look good these days and the 99-00 have a more desirable front end than the 96-98s.

and with the ex u get the y8 with vtec so it's nicer than the non vtec models.

emerican

Registered VIP
just so you know the generations will make the car different
96-00 is a 6th generation
and there's no reason to call things gay. cars don't have a sexual preference if you don't like them say you don't like them don't call them that.

itsmycookie

#1 a*****e
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I do believe i am a big Boy and can say as i choose thank you Sir
watch what u say to the blue and green colored members. they're mods and from personal experience a couple of them take the internet seriously.

so what u think about a 6th gen ex?
99-00 looks like this

itsmycookie

#1 a*****e
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thats pretty perfect What kind of engine do they run
pnly the EX trim has the d16y8 vtec sohc 1.6L engine.

it comes in a few other trims but they all had the d16ty7. sohc 1.6L engine w/o vtec.

GohanMint15

So the d16y8 is the better motor then have you personally done anything to these engines? any mods you would suggest for starters

imbcruz

ItsMeBraulio!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Intake headers exhaust is a good starter.. Then you can think about if you want to go n/a or turbo.. Then You can work on suspension wheels and other stuff..

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Intake headers exhaust is a good starter.. Then you can think about if you want to go n/a or turbo.. Then You can work on suspension wheels and other stuff..
How about finding out what you want to do first instead of blowing money on something that you won't use in the end?

gnos402

I can tell you I have a stock civic dx coupe y7 non vtech and the other day I went to test drive the ex coupe vtech and I noticed quite a difference in pull at high rpm I think its 25 hp difference not to sure off hand, BTW the dx is my first honda buy, bought it in december oh how I wished I would have researched. Want the ex would like and si but in nebraska people think there sitting on a gold mine and want around 6000 as for the ex you can get it between 2500 and 3500 depending on overall condition.

gnos402

Oh and I would start by getting the car before because like me your plans might change in the process.

THE LOVE FOR PROJECTS!!!!!

itsmycookie

#1 a*****e
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
So the d16y8 is the better motor then have you personally done anything to these engines? any mods you would suggest for starters
yes the y8 is better. as for mods i would suggest u just read and learn up as much as u can about the engine and the options out there before u do anything.

intake and exhaust will make the car louder but u dont notice any actual performance changes on the road. plus intake and exhaust can be a good chunk of change tbh. just absorb as much knowledge as u can first and then make an educated decision on what direction you want to take the car into.