suggestions please!!!!!! 2000 civic si

1991civicZC

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ok, i am looking at a 2000 civici si for sale. em1

the good:
-aem cold air intake
-progress competition series 2 coilovers??? (i never heard of these before)
-apexi n1 exhaust 2.5"
-dc headers
-dc short throw shifter
-gsr cluster
-blox shift knob
-no rust i can see anywhere
-clean title (em1)
-motor is a b18c1 with aprox 45k on it he "says" (motor looks pretty clean)
-no check engine light is on
- interior looks good with no rips in driver seat or anything
-k-1 wheels with a spare on because went flat on him yesterday, all with good tread on them.. (i would just swap my 2000 si wheels on it though lol)
-headlights look pretty new and no leaking

the bad:
-front bumper is newer but doesn't have the si lip on the front and no fogs?
-there is a switch (cheap anti theft) it turns off the fuel pump and something else which im not to fond of having there in case it gets bumped
-he has had the car for 5 months and is already getting rid of it? (he has had a lot of cars though, he was naming some, and isn't his first honda)
-rear bumper need some help (its on but loose for some reason?
-side skirts again are there but just zip tied on
-car is all black primer with one little spot of bondo i could see through the paint on passenger door (probably just a ding fixed...)
-1 cig burn on door panel lol
- tweeters and speakers are gone besides 2 door speakers are still there
-a/c is there but needs something for it to be fixed
-thermostat is not in and needs replaced but he has it to put in just hasn't yet.

-the car is all black primer with a pink hood and emblems for some reason haha
he is asking 4750 obo what is reasonable price for this car??

any other details you guys wanna know about it to justify the price let me know asap

THANKS!!!

civicmand16y7

Registered VIP
ok, i am looking at a 2000 civici si for sale. em1

the good:
-aem cold air intake
-progress competition series 2 coilovers??? (i never heard of these before)
-apexi n1 exhaust 2.5"
-dc headers
-dc short throw shifter
-gsr cluster
-blox shift knob
-no rust i can see anywhere
-clean title (em1)
-motor is a b18c1 with aprox 45k on it he "says" (motor looks pretty clean)
-no check engine light is on
- interior looks good with no rips in driver seat or anything
-k-1 wheels with a spare on because went flat on him yesterday, all with good tread on them.. (i would just swap my 2000 si wheels on it though lol)
-headlights look pretty new and no leaking

the bad:
-front bumper is newer but doesn't have the si lip on the front and no fogs?
-there is a switch (cheap anti theft) it turns off the fuel pump and something else which im not to fond of having there in case it gets bumped
-he has had the car for 5 months and is already getting rid of it? (he has had a lot of cars though, he was naming some, and isn't his first honda)
-rear bumper need some help (its on but loose for some reason?
-side skirts again are there but just zip tied on
-car is all black primer with one little spot of bondo i could see through the paint on passenger door (probably just a ding fixed...)
-1 cig burn on door panel lol
- tweeters and speakers are gone besides 2 door speakers are still there
-a/c is there but needs something for it to be fixed
-thermostat is not in and needs replaced but he has it to put in just hasn't yet.

-the car is all black primer with a pink hood and emblems for some reason haha
he is asking 4750 obo what is reasonable price for this car??

any other details you guys wanna know about it to justify the price let me know asap

THANKS!!!
seems to me that it been in a fender bender/put throw hell i dont think you should buy it BUT If you do i would at lest talk him down to like 3500 or so

paulx022

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
s**t man, ill sell you mine for just a little more than that and its clean as f**k. I am thinking about moving out and need a down payment for a condo, you can check it out on my threads ive started, 1999 Civic Si its a real nice car. if you are interested 614-406-2286 text or call me anytime.
I'm wanting 5500 and im pretty firm, its a great car..

1991civicZC

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i think i will pass on your car but it does look pretty good just to far away to come check it out and all...

1991civicZC

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
what would a decent price on the car i posted about be worth... i know i dont have any pictures but if you read through it gives you a pretty good visual on it

paulx022

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
honestly, no more than 2500, i actually would pay more than 2000
That s**t is hacked to hell and the guy knows it, the only reason to stop a car project halfway through is A. ran out of funds because something unexpected happened with the car and cant afford to do the rest of the things to it so wants to dump it off
and B. it breaks every two seconds and they are sick of paying to get it fixed so they wanna dump it off on somebody else.

paulx022

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i think i will pass on your car but it does look pretty good just to far away to come check it out and all...
and west virginia is only 1.5 hours away from me, but ok thats fine not really in a rush to sell it.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
The fuel kill switch is a very common Honda mod that Honda owners can turn off, which will stop the fuel pump so nobody can steal the car. Depending on where the switch is hidden, it may or not may be a good way to protect your car from theft. It most likely won't ever get bumped accidentally, depending on the type of switch.

That's not a bad price for an EM1, how many miles on the chassis?

paulx022

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
The fuel kill switch is a very common Honda mod that Honda owners can turn off, which will stop the fuel pump so nobody can steal the car. Depending on where the switch is hidden, it may or not may be a good way to protect your car from theft. It most likely won't ever get bumped accidentally, depending on the type of switch.

That's not a bad price for an EM1, how many miles on the chassis?
i disagree. im selling my em1 for 5500 and its perfect, that s**t is torn the f**k apart. I'd never pay that for something that i dont have an ass load of bank in case something bad happens to it

IBLACIK JIACIK

IBLACIK JIACIK
I don't think its a bad price for a clean title....Put on a macco paint job a flip it for more and get yourself a bone stock car and do the work yourself...

haphazard

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
dont buy it! keep your eye out and you will find a better si for a better price