sun visor question

FLAteam

5+ Year Member
I've been to a few junkyards and i can't seem to find 6th gens around and if i do, the sunvisors are already gone. I almost took some pretty nice accord ones but they had lights in them that wouldn't light up if i put it in my car. Can I use the visors off of a different car (even different make of car) to fit in my car?

thanks

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
id go to think that the sunvisors are fairly model specific, at least year specific. For instance 96-00, not 92-95. I really wouldnt know though. The best I can do is run some part #'s for compatibility tonight at work and get back to this thread :thumbup:

FLAteam

5+ Year Member
that would work for me. i just thought maybe anything would work, like a 96 accord to my civic or something.

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well from running the parts fits application at work, in which it uses the part # from you car to see it if cross-references with other vehicles, which it shows it only interchangle with 96-00 civics, light gray interior. Which was predictable.

chadi

chuatZ
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i think since they will be different sizes and such, that it wont fit like the one made for the car.

you know, that peice that clips in, it might be at a different length and it wont fit...i know there are aftermarket ones, ive seen them before...but i dont know how well they work also

FLAteam

5+ Year Member
darn. but can't you just have them without the clips? i've been in a few cars that don't have clips at all and they work fine...

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
no? what part is broken on the visor?

FLAteam

5+ Year Member
thanks for your help guys, i was also thinking about getting it re-done. There's nothing wrong with mine except the light grey exterior fabric is torn. looking at prices on thehondapartsstore.com was depressing ($30 for just one...).

A lot of people talk about getting their fabric redone on their seats, so where can i get my sunvisors done? how much would it cost?

Thanks.

supermonkeyball

5+ Year Member
I would try one of the places that say they reupholster car headlines and such, or i would just redo it myself.
I took home economics and I can sew.
If you want tell me what color you want and i will sew you up some covers for your visors