suspension choice

hondapeeler

ek4squad
Im getting ready to upgrade my suspension and have a few choices but im not very educated when it comes to suspensions this will be my first name brand set. It is for my 96 civic 4dr lx and it is a dd for my family so it has to be comfortable. Im currently considering function and forms type 1, tein basics, megan ez, and progress . Im currently running 15x8 +25 axis og oldskools but they may be changing soon but car is still going to be lowered not really slammed. Prefer not too stiff or bouncing want close to stock feel or smoother. Doesnt have to be these brands just a few ive researched and liked so if have other opions by all means post im on a budget prefer no more than $700-$800.

lowlife9

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
why would progress be your last choice thats probably the best choice you have there. it would go best to worse progress,tein basic, function form,megan.

ek forever guy

Registered VIP
why would progress be your last choice thats probably the best choice you have there. it would go best to worse progress,tein basic, function form,megan.

I'm glad someone on here is spreading the word around too. On honda tech he said this:

mostly because they're ugly but they look cheap made as well i want a nice product but its gotta look good as well, no offense. Also because i called wek sos while doing research and they said they dont carry them because they are low end but they do carry all the others i've listed other than the megan ez. I'm not saying they're not an option because there one of the ones im considering.

:roll::roll::roll::roll:

Can't believe weaksauce said it was "low end." When they carry blox, skunk2, ksport, and function&form.

Like I said on honda-tech. Bisimoto holds world records with progress products. Their stuff is quality and built to perform. Not to look cool when you get it out of its package. No one is going to see your coilovers anyway. I'm surprised I've continued to assist you after you mentioned you cared more about looks than performance. Or so it seems.

lowlife9

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
well for one they are made in america and require strict safety standards unlike some chinese counterparts. two they are made to perform not look pretty with rainbow colors lol. progress are hands down the best all around setup for the money. and i don't just spread hear say i actually have progress comps.

hondapeeler

ek4squad
I'm glad someone on here is spreading the word around too. On honda tech he said this:

:roll::roll::roll::roll:

Can't believe weaksauce said it was "low end." When they carry blox, skunk2, ksport, and function&form.

Like I said on honda-tech. Bisimoto holds world records with progress products. Their stuff is quality and built to perform. Not to look cool when you get it out of its package. No one is going to see your coilovers anyway. I'm surprised I've continued to assist you after you mentioned you cared more about looks than performance. Or so it seems.
then dont no hard feelings on my part just hit back button, im trying to get mulitiply opions thats why i ask in this forum as well as ch, an honda-tech thats what the honda community is about helping fellow honda lovers so while that may be your choice others may think differently so once again thanks for ur advice and have a nice day.:D

hondapeeler

ek4squad
Just like he stated above best to worse progress,tein,f&f, meagn. i have nothing but good things about f&f and ive heard tein suck that they have a habbit of busting when lowerd so people have different opions. Progress no else other than honda-tech have i heard of them so thats why im researching and yes apperance is very important i attend many car shows a year and like all my car parts to look good and function. So like i said on ht progess is a option thats why its listed justed wanted to test my other choices thanks.

ek forever guy

Registered VIP
Just like he stated above best to worse progress,tein,f&f, meagn. i have nothing but good things about f&f and ive heard tein suck that they have a habbit of busting when lowerd so people have different opions. Progress no else other than honda-tech have i heard of them so thats why im researching and yes apperance is very important i attend many car shows a year and like all my car parts to look good and function. So like i said on ht progess is a option thats why its listed justed wanted to test my other choices thanks.
I give up.

SpeedFiends

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Lol, just go F&F and call it a day. Good for dd so the fam won't be bouncing around and you'll still get the most out of them. LMK if you need a price on set.

-Jess

lowlife9

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
have you ever heard the expression "you can't judge a book by its cover". if i was at a car show i would have more respect and adoration for a non flashy quality product then a blingy piece of garbage. and how exactly are progress coils ugly exactly because there not purple or red ???. i bet this color would look awsome on your car dude http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/7902/opentrackdayaaron064ah8.jpg

hondapeeler

ek4squad
have you ever heard the expression "you can't judge a book by its cover". if i was at a car show i would have more respect and adoration for a non flashy quality product then a blingy piece of garbage. and how exactly are progress coils ugly exactly because there not purple or red ???. i bet this color would look awsome on your car dude http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/7902/opentrackdayaaron064ah8.jpg
Please people i just want advice so i can make an educated choice like i said there one of my choices. An yes i like stuff that looks good so unless you have helpfull advice hit the back button dont need smart a*s comments thank you.

hondapeeler

ek4squad
Lol, just go F&F and call it a day. Good for dd so the fam won't be bouncing around and you'll still get the most out of them. LMK if you need a price on set.

-Jess
Thanks man so far i like the f&f and i have also been looking into d2 the seem to be very reputable. Right now they're going for $600 on wek sos you can get them cheaper?

hondapeeler

ek4squad
far as i know function an form as well as d2 and tein are far from garbage! Also i revized my post sense it seems people cant read around the least choice part and just give an helpful opionon.

hondapeeler

ek4squad
I've seen pictures of the d2 coilovers with snapped shock rods.
thats prob with agressive driving i dont track or dog my car ive also heard good things about ksport but after reading some threads on ht progressive looks good and jeff seems nice but would like to hear what more people think esp. about ksports.

lowlife9

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i believe k sport and D2 are identical just re-badged and different colors.

ek forever guy

Registered VIP
i believe k sport and D2 are identical just re-badged and different colors.
I've read and heard the same thing.

They've both cheap chinese/asian made pieces of junk that high school kids put on their cars because they're powercoated a cool color and have "adjustable damping"

Like people need that.

If you're so concerned with looks, why not spend $25 and powercoat the sleeves of the Progress CS-II?

Like I mentioned in the other thread, at this price point the ONLY coilovers I'd recommend are progress CS-II and the function/form.

I'm not sure if function/form has a warranty, but the progress CS-II has a 1 year warranty, and you can pick your rates. You can't pick your rates with the function/form.

Also progress offers replacement shocks after the warranty for $68 each, and new springs if you'd like different rates for just $90.

Hard to beat.

hondapeeler

ek4squad
here is some info on f&f

FUNCTION & FORM AUTOLIFE INC. is more than a company name to us. It is a philosophy and an approach we take in building our brand and the products that we create. Conceived almost a decade ago, and brought to fruition in 2005, we are on a mission to inspire the world with our products and concepts.

Our first mission was to create suspension products for many of the world’s most popular and exciting automobiles. We approached the industry with a Function and Form philosophy by choosing both as a perfect balance, and not one over the other. We believe you can perform well on the track and look great doing it. There can be style and grace in unison with success. We work everyday to bring functional products that put a smile on our customers’ faces when used for their purpose, and also give them the confidence in the appearance department. Add innovative customer service second to none, customer appreciation, and our approach to the automotive industry, and you have a company that aspires to make a positive impact to the forefront of the world.

Our second mission will be expressing the lifestyle many of us here at Function and Form Autolife Inc., and our customers’ live. From the automobiles, to the individuals behind the car, to the lives lived by the individuals, we believe we can express this through our product designs, engineering, and packaging. We strive to look for innovative ways to contribute to our customers’ lifestyles, by always thinking ahead and outside of the box. We choose to go the path not taken by other companies, and dare to be different. This is more than suspension products, this is a lifestyle, a Brand. The Function & Form Autolife Brand. We represent the people, and the people of the streets. We are an extension of our customers, so you know that anything we do, we believe in ourselves to the fullest.

Join us in becoming part of the movement that we at Function & Form Autolife Inc. are creating to change the landscape of the automotive world. We hope you enjoy our website. Feel free to contact us with any comments and/or suggestions. Thank You!

Function & Form Autolife Inc.

hondapeeler

ek4squad
I've read and heard the same thing.

They've both cheap chinese/asian made pieces of junk that high school kids put on their cars because they're powercoated a cool color and have "adjustable damping"

Like people need that.

If you're so concerned with looks, why not spend $25 and powercoat the sleeves of the Progress CS-II?

Like I mentioned in the other thread, at this price point the ONLY coilovers I'd recommend are progress CS-II and the function/form.

I'm not sure if function/form has a warranty, but the progress CS-II has a 1 year warranty, and you can pick your rates. You can't pick your rates with the function/form.

Also progress offers replacement shocks after the warranty for $68 each, and new springs if you'd like different rates for just $90.

Hard to beat.
here is their warranty

Function & Form Autolife Inc. offers a 1 year (365 days) limited warranty on their coilover products. The following guidelines must be met in order for a warranty to be valid. Function & Form Autolife Inc. will not warranty anything if these following guidelines are not met for any reasons.

-All products sold by Function & Form Autolife Inc. are intended for off-road use only. Please check your local laws before purchasing or using our products on your vehicle.

•An invoice must be shown showing proof of purchase of products/goods from an AUTHORIZED DEALER. Authorized dealers will be listed on our website, www.f2autolife.com.
•All warranty claims need to be emailed to warranty@f2autolife.com.
•Excessive lowering can cause damage to your car. Function & Form Autolife Inc. is not responsible for any damages caused by excessive lowering. Excessive lowering can jeopardize the safety of the vehicle and will cause damage to your car.
•All warranties received are subject to a return shipping fee.
•All products must be purchased new in order for the warranty to be valid.
•Function & Form Autolife Inc. reserves the right to refute any warranty claims. Function & Form Autolife Inc. reserves the right to refuse service to anyone.
•If the product was not bought from an authorized dealer, warranty will not be honored. NO EXCEPTIONS!
•Warranty claims will not be honored unless a warranty card or proof of purchase of our product is shown from an authorized dealer.
•The warranty card must be sent in to Function & Form Autolife Inc.
•All warranty claims will be reviewed by Function & Form Autolife Inc. and determined if warranty claim is valid.
•Customer will be required to send in the product/good that is in question for warranty replacement first for examination and review.
•Function & Form Autolife Inc. will only warranty parts if it is due to workmanship or manufacture defects.
•Customer is responsible for the dismounting/removal and shipping of the product to Function & Form Autolife Inc.
•If you are sending us a warranty issue, please make sure that the product is sent to us the way that it was removed off of the vehicle.
•Function & Form Autolife Inc. will not be responsible for any loss of time, inconvenience, commercial loss, or damages caused.
•Function & Form Autolife will not warranty any products/goods due to normal wear and tear, neglect, or abnormal use.
•Function & Form Autolife Inc. will not warranty a product if the application is put on another vehicle that the application was not made for. No Exceptions.
•Function & Form Autolife Inc. reserves the right to change, modify, or discontinue the design of any products previously manufactured without assuming any obligation to the consumer. Any consumer which qualifies for a replacement of said discontinued product will only be allowed to receive new product which replaces the discontinued.

•Function & Form Autolife Inc. is not responsible for a pair of any product, if a single product has an issue.
•Function & Form Autolife Inc. is not responsible warranty through shipping. Any problem encountered during shipping is to be brought to the attention of the carrier.
•Customers are responsible for the upkeep and maintenance of the coilovers. Function & Form Autolife Inc. is not responsible for any problems that occur due to lack of maintenance or upkeep.
•Exterior finish on all Function & Form Autolife Inc. products are not considered valid warranty; consumers are responsible for the maintenance of paint and or chrome or plated finish.
•Warranty does not apply to any Function & Form Autolife Inc. products/goods which have been modified, customized, painted, dented, rusted or improperly installed.
•Warranty does not carry over to different owners. The warranty is only valid for the original owner, not the vehicle.
•Noises including but not limited to creaks, squeeks, and/or clunks are not covered by warranty. Noises are not valid warranty issues.
•Warranty does not include trading in or returning product for refunds. Once the product is mounted on the vehicle or is used, it is excluded from returns or refund. No exceptions.
•Function & Form Autolife Inc. is only responsible for Function & Form Autolife Inc. products. Any damages incurred to other parts that are not Function & Form Autolife Inc. products are not covered by warranty.

Function & Form Autolife Inc. reserves the right to refuse any warranty claim if the claim is believed to be fraudulent, or distressed merchandise not purchased originally from or through Function & Form Autolife Inc.

*Disclaimer*: Function & Form Autolife Inc. is not responsible for any accidents or any incidents incurred while driving on Function & Form Autolife Inc. products. Consumers assume responsibility that all products are installed correctly and inspected before use. All customers are assumed to have read the above rules before the purchase of the product.

For all warranty inquiries, please e-mail us at - WARRANTY@f2autolife.com

Warranty Card Download

Warranty Card Front

Warranty Card Back