Suspension set-up

Digo

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I have a 95 and would appreciate any suggestions as to which suspension set-up to use and which brand of coil-over to use. I see some skunk2 coilovers at a decent price but what shock/strut would work best?

JL

Doodoo Brown Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Best for what??? Daily driving? Street/weekend track time?

mirahe

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hi Digo , The most important is the balanbce of the car , what do you want , you feel a lot of understeer (your car don´t entry or go out of the curve (front axle) or your car have a oversteer (the rear axle slip a lot) , If you think that your car or for your type of driven the serial now is Ok , then you can change the springs with the same rate N/mm but lower then you will decrease the center of gravity if you reduce the length of the spring you will have less stroke of bump in the damper then put a shock absorvers with more bump to don´t make final of stroke, In my opinion I think that with a kit of Bilstein or Koni will work well.
For my experience is much better don´t increase the rigidity of the springs because then you will lose traction. If you give me more info I will try to give a good set up.

RiceburnerRyan

I
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
personally i have GSR struts and skunk2 coils and my car rides just fine its not to bouncy and not exactly sitff as hell either

Digo

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
RiceburnerRyan said:
personally i have GSR struts and skunk2 coils and my car rides just fine its not to bouncy and not exactly sitff as hell either

Thanks i'll see what set up i can get cause i dont want it to ride to hard but at the same time i dont want to bottom out over every bump in the road.

RiceburnerRyan

I
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeah dont think i have evre bottomed out while driving, and i hardly EVER scrape unless the bump is HUGE!! but also my car isnt all that low either but .. anyways... good luck and if you get all your s**t let us kno

JDMEJ2

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i have skunk2's and tokico illuminas...i say thats a great combo...in my opinion...with the illuminas u can adjust the dampering for 1 being the softest and 5 being the hardest...u can use them for daily driving and track use

JL

Doodoo Brown Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I love my TEIN SS's. Instead of 1-5 I have 1-16.

JDMEJ2

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
B16EJ1 said:
I love my TEIN SS's. Instead of 1-5 I have 1-16.
very true...but i dont think he wants to be spending over a grand for those...especially if its just either for daily use or track use...tokicos and just fine for track and daily...nothing to extreme

Vtecademics

Senior Lurker
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
My kyb shocks and my tein s-techs ride very nice with an aggressive look.