suspension throws you out of a rut in the road crooked

VTEC FaNTaSIeS

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
my g/f has a 2000 civic ex and we've had this problem for a while...when either of us are driving...when the rear wheel and tired hits a dip or rut/pot whole in the road it thows you out of it crooked...it's pretty scary for her and it bugs me, i've had people check it and alot of people didn't know what it was....any help would be appreciated...if not , can u tell me where to go to check it out cuz it needs to be fixed....thnaks guys

Declectic

SeanJohn1802
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
what in the hell do you mean by crooked??

2kstreetcivic

Runnin to Redline
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Im not sure what you are saying, but if you are talking about when you hit uneven pavement you car pulls on way or the other, than I would have to say do you have performance tires and suspension work?..because my car is lowered, sway bared up, and have high performance tires and when I hit uneven pavement my car can get a little squirley on the road, you just gotta be ready for it.

SiGSR

yeaaaay.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
VTEC FaNTaSIeS said:
my g/f has a 2000 civic ex and we've had this problem for a while...when either of us are driving...when the rear wheel and tired hits a dip or rut/pot whole in the road it thows you out of it crooked...it's pretty scary for her and it bugs me, i've had people check it and alot of people didn't know what it was....any help would be appreciated...if not , can u tell me where to go to check it out cuz it needs to be fixed....thnaks guys

Dead shocks can be the culprit. And get an alignment done. Too much toe in (or is out) at the rear wheels can lead to instability.

VTEC FaNTaSIeS

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
SiGSR said:
Dead shocks can be the culprit. And get an alignment done. Too much toe in (or is out) at the rear wheels can lead to instability.
sorry i didn't mention it before- the car is stock weel and tire size with hercules tires...it has strut tower bars , but it has been doing this before those were added on....i was thiking it was the shock too but would it do that....you would really have to drive it and notice what it does unless if someone else had the same problem...i was driving behind her one night and i saw her wheel bouncing up and down abnornally fast more than the other wheels(it's on her passenger rear wheel)...n e of you in here know of a place that can figure this out cuz lots of peeps don't know what it is....thanks for the fast replies

VTEC FaNTaSIeS

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
VTEC FaNTaSIeS said:
sorry i didn't mention it before- the car is stock weel and tire size with hercules tires...it has strut tower bars , but it has been doing this before those were added on....i was thiking it was the shock too but would it do that....you would really have to drive it and notice what it does unless if someone else had the same problem...i was driving behind her one night and i saw her wheel bouncing up and down abnornally fast more than the other wheels(it's on her passenger rear wheel)...n e of you in here know of a place that can figure this out cuz lots of peeps don't know what it is....thanks for the fast replies
and the allignment is fine by the way

J32a2OwnsU

Resident Old Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Some tire patterns just will tend to 'pull' the car more than others like with ruts or even tar on the road can make your car 'pull'. Not sure about the bouncing though.. Sounds like a cooked shock, thats just an e-guess though.