suspension/wheel noise please help

EKcivicGirl

5+ Year Member
Hi, I have this thumping noise that is happening constantly coming from the right suspension/wheel area. It coinsides with the wheel going around, as it goes slower, the noise is more spread out. As I go faster it goes faster in an even pattern. It gets louder when I break. I also have heard it squeeling some, it sounds like a weird tire noise, but my tire looks fine. It was making a creaking noise in an even pattern as I drive too for part of the time. I got an alignment last week because I lowered my car like a month ago. I don't know if that could be related. I didn't notice the noise until yesterday.
Thanks

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Does the thumping happen while turning? Or just driving straight.

And as for the squeeling, is it high pitch and occur while breaking? Could be worn brake pads.

EKcivicGirl

5+ Year Member
It happens the whole time I am driving, not just turning. The squeeling isn't while breaking. The thumping gets louder as I break. The creaking isn't while breaking either its a constant rhythmic noise that happens as I drive, but it doesn't happen the whole time.

SleepingSol

10sec dd or BUST
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
pull the wheel off and check the inner fender..... make sure the tire isnt rubbing

EKcivicGirl

5+ Year Member
I didn't have enough time to take the wheel off yet. I am at work right now, but I have 15s and I turned the wheel so I could look if anything is rubbing and I don't think it is.

chinkyeyedemcee

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
buy new up control arms

skunk2 sells em for just under 200 and they come with new upper ball joints.