Suspension

xcutedpguy

5+ Year Member
Ok I have a question? I have KYB adjustables on my 98 ex right now. I want to go from coil overs to Springs. What is the best spring with the lowest drop possible??? Please let me know, Also best camber kit within a reasonable price? im trying to get all this work done over the holidays please let me know Thank You

--<EM1>--

boosted ftw
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
wrong section. but anyways...

what coilovers do you have on now? id stick with coilovers bc theyre adjustable so you can go lower. but tein springs i would think...

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
coilovers to lowering springs???

xcutedpguy

5+ Year Member
omni coil overs is what i have now, but my alignment is so whack that i wanted a smoother ride. If i have coilovers what do i need in order to fix my alignment? i just want a better ride ?????

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
alignment tool?

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
my RS*R Race springs dropped my car A LOT. like 3.5" front and 4" rear. the tops of the front tires are flush with the fender arch, and the rear tires tuck into the fender about 3/4 of an inch. they are very stiff with a high spring rate to accomodate for the massive drop, and i used Tokico illumina shocks. they are hard to find but i paid ~$250 for the springs

*EDIT*
added pic. click for large version

Last edited:

--<EM1>--

boosted ftw
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
what size rims are you those? and you wouldn't happen to have a colored pic of that car do you?

EK|B

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
H&R Race slams the car.

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
what size rims are you those? and you wouldn't happen to have a colored pic of that car do you?
15" heliums with 205/50 yokohama. ive only got a few images hosted, these show the ride height the best

the sedan is dropped on eibach sportline springs

wtfh4xx

1337 Gold Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Nice drop = Tien S-Techs.

More than 1.6" drop dunno, ask other people.

Black99CivicSi

Honda GSR
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Ok I have a question? I have KYB adjustables on my 98 ex right now. I want to go from coil overs to Springs. What is the best spring with the lowest drop possible??? Please let me know, Also best camber kit within a reasonable price? im trying to get all this work done over the holidays please let me know Thank You
JHPUSA.com has a good deal on front and rear camber kit from Skunk2 ,i bought the kit for like 282 bucks, and I would stick with coilovers if i was you, but buy the full sleeve coilovers well worth your money

--<EM1>--

boosted ftw
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
thanks mugenkid. im trying to get ideas for rims on my fbp

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
there is no need for rear camber kit on civics. just do the washer trick, i used 2 washers on either side of mine and that put them within oem spec, didnt even have to change out the bolts. imo there is no need for expensive coilovers unless you plan to adjust your height often, which if so then you would also need to realign when you change the height. i dont have any regrets with springs and shocks seperate