suspension ?

civicturbo91

professional bitchslapper
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i have been riding on ebay coilovers for a while now and honestly as soon as i put them on i thought it was time for a change. i learned the hard way but i need some advice.

i would like some adjustable coilovers and shocks/struts. i want my car slammed as much as possible but still have a decent ride. right now its like getting kicked in the ass everytime you hit a bump.

products and prices if anyone has had good luck with this. any input appreciated

da hulk

5+ Year Member
yea i use to hav those...they are really rough while yur getn new 1s yu should check all of yur suspension cuz those coilovers really mess it up

LowNotSlow

Aqua Teen Christmas Force
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You cannot be slammed and have a decent ride without spending $$$

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
The Koni/GC combo is not that much. I would say about $500 for the shocks and $300 for the coilovers at max. I just spent $885 on some Buddy Club N+ Spec's

Inertial

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I found ground control coilovers with shocks for <400$

Skunk2 pro series 550-1100
Tien coilovers 890-1900
buddy club 899-1799

also depends who you know and what they can do for you, those prices are what i have seen and what i can get stuff for. well i never checked anything other then skunk2 so =P but u can always mix and match tokico shocks with h&r springs, there are soo many things for civics, ur brain should be very confused. But if you want good coilovers u'd prolly spend upwards to 800 ez. then u need the alignment[must] then the addons camber kits, lcas, struts and etc. i prolly didnt help at all, but ebay sells all the brands listed above, authenticity is iffy with most companies. Search for swervemotorsports on ebay, they have authentic stuff and have skunk2 pro-s coilovers for 99-00 civics for 585obo free shipping =]

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Whatever you do, do not go cheap. I would check with some of our site sponsors to see what they can do for you. I know you can get some good deals through them. I have in the past.

ryanM

let me tell you about suspension

i treild to do laundry and our stupid dryar in drm was broken. f**kL!

d00dle

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Skunk2 pro series sounds reasonable =) 1k on suspension is just way 2much

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Skunk2 pro series sounds reasonable =) 1k on suspension is just way 2much
I beg to differ on that. I just spent $900 on coilovers that retail for about $1200. That is not including the Koni's and coilovers that I have on there now with the camber kits, braces, and sway bars.