Swap almost complete.. just a few more q's

lonewolf

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
1999 B16A2 from EK4 into 1996 EJ6

First, What is this? We got in a intake pipe off a random car and did a custom job on it, but what is the plastic lump for? I've seen it on a few other civics, all I can think of is its some sort of resonance chamber? :what:

Second, how long should a B16A2 take to reach operating temperature? Mine only seems to warm up after 10 min or so of driving, My D would warm up after only 3 or 4 min. Is this right or could something be wrong?

Third (and lastly) VTEC, it seems to come on a little bit at around 4800rpm and then again stronger at 5600, but unless your expecting it you dont notice it (you can hear the crossover though) .My mates EM1 comes on at 5600 only and has much more kick to it, and since my engine is (supposidly) from a 99 EK4 should it not be the same?

I'm just sorting out a few final bits, like 3.8 degrees negative camber and new tyres, and I will be posting up a big feature soon.

Thankyou for your help!

j_fukin_t

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
UNLESS if its a ctr motor in which it will switch at a diff point, it should kick on at 5600, to my knowledge, anyone correct me if i'm wrong, and my em1 takes a while to warm up too, but thats due to a larger radiator

rei

jSolo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I think that plastic piece is just a resonator.. so yeah, dont worry about it..