swap for my 98 dx four door

allstar

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hey all,

im thinking about doing a motor swap for my 98 civc dx. my car is all stock except for my 17s. this is my wifes car but i drive it on the weekends and am sick of how friggen slow it is.
i was looking at the hmotors.com web site and they have a b16a for 2350. it looks like this motor would be around the best bang for my buck. if i get this motor i might do a few bolt ons but not much else i want it to be a sleeper car and a good daily driver. so would this give me much noticeable power increase? if i bought it from hmotors.com would i need anything else? i think a buddy of mine and i could do it,he works as a mechanic at the local nissan dealer. the swap isnt to hard right?

slammedciv96

N2O Junkie
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
it should be almost a drop in.. you would need the rear motor mount from the 99-00 SI.. but other wise not a problem. also personally i would get the b18c1 its not much more in price and would give you more torque for the daily driving and it can ultimately give you more power

allstar

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
would the b18c be as easy to drop in as the b16a? the b 18c is out of an integra right?

slammedciv96

N2O Junkie
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Integra GSR... just as easy.. they are both B series motors so it would be identical swaps..

ZuM00Si

Jack Load
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
b18c is way better than the b16 (Torque) and a bit more power. Like others have said its a bit more than a b16 but worth it.=)

2kstreetcivic

Runnin to Redline
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
a b18c should drop right in...you might have to worry about trannys then though..