swap guide needed: b18 to '00 hatch

HidekiPena

I had a EG hatch with a B18 in it and ended up moving so I sold the shell and took the motor with me. It includes mounts, axles, linkage, chipped ecu and t-bracket. What do I need to put this in my obd2b 2000 civic hatch?

I have already knoticed the driver mount is different.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

710times

well youll get a kit that has that part so you can use a sidepost mount
http://www.ebay.com/itm/CNC-BILLET-ENGINE-MOTOR-MOUNT-96-00-CIVIC-EK-EK9-EM1-D15-D16-B16-B18-B20-JDM-/351242231033?fits=Model:Civic&hash=item51c7ab1cf9:g:3nwAAOSwyZ5UpuiA&vxp=mtr

that is where i found the mount kit. as for sensors i have no idea ive only did obd1 swaps to obd1 chassis. the metal bracket will replace your chassis motor mount so side mount can be used

sounds like your off to a good start. im waiting for my d16Y8 to go kapoot before i throw a swap in. that dang y8 just keeps on running strong. ive been wanting to put a odb2b-obd1 jumper harness and throw a chipped p28 in it. oh ya thats another thing youll need for you ecu obd2b-obd1 jumper harness

the chassis mount installed. i took this picture
rom someone who posted yesterday asking for help

Last edited by a moderator:

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
@710times, I corrected all your self quotes, merged your 3 back to back comments, and corrected your image post. Please keep your comments together and familiarize yourself with the edit option.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
@HidekiPena, have you tried to search for the information? Its been covered many times.

710times

Sorry still trying to figure all this stuff out. Thank you very much Hex

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

HidekiPena

I have skimmed through sites but I was looking for a direct answer to my problem because I was planing on getting a new eg or del with the money from my EK but people play too much in Florida, makes me want to go back to NJ.. I want to know if the stuff I have matches up or if I'm looking at a big project.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

blandsarcasm

Respected
Registered VIP
Which b18 and which "ek". Recently swapped an 01 Gsr into a 98 hatch and found all the info necessary by searching and reading. All the info is out there and this is one of the simplest swaps you can do

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk