swap questions

tchazlee@yahoo.

hi guys im really new to all this and i have a d16y8 in my 98 civic coupe and i want to put a b16a2 swap in there, but yesterday a guy texted me and said he had a b20 block with a b16 head and transmission he would sell for 1600 that has about 110000 miles . also i do no were a b16a2 is (the entire swap) for 1000 but has 155000 miles on it and i was kinda scared by that many miles but i either way i wanna go threw the motor and replace everything with performance parts to be able to have reliable turbo set up. but wich swap sounds best?

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
b20b or b20z? b20z's have higher compression and aren't as good with boost.. but if you say you're replacing everything anyways I guess you'd be fine anyways..

110k is kind of a lot of miles though for 1600. I got my B18 complete w/ tranny for 1100 and only 34k miles. Mileage really doesn't mean much though, it's the condition of the motor.. How is the condition of the b20?

If the crvtec motor sounds good, try to talk the price down on him. IMO I think that's too much for the amount of miles on it.

http://www.hondahookup.com/info/engine_swap_faq.php is a GREAT write up all about swaps.

:welcome: to ClubCivic!

Last edited: