Swap?

HB94

5+ Year Member
Well I have a 94 hatch and I'm debating on what swap to do. At first I was thinking of do a H22 swap but now I am not sure. I have about $4500 to work with and I would like to hear any suggestions that anyone may have. Thanks

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
What's the main purpose of the car? Daily Driver? Grocery getter? Track/drag? Auto-X? Etc. etc.

Also, do you want to stay N/A or spray or go turbo/supercharger?

And this topic is covered oh so many times. You really should research about motors and learn about each one before you pick one or even ask which one to pick. It's not our car, it's yours and it all depends on what you want to do with it and where you want to end up.

lilwhitecoupe

Ricer
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yeah like amej said its all about what you want, as for me im going to turbo just for a DD when i get the funds and car paid off, just research and kinda get a feel for what ya want, thats my suggestion, and dont get RICED ENGINES

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
lilwhitecoupe said:
yeah like amej said its all about what you want, as for me im going to turbo just for a DD when i get the funds and car paid off, just research and kinda get a feel for what ya want, thats my suggestion, and dont get RICED ENGINES
whats a riced engine?:???:

kangaroo

..........UPS.........
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Green 91 said:
whats a riced engine?:???:

I would also like to know. lawn mower engine??

Yeah man pick what ever engine you want and can afford. You will be happy with any new motor in your car.

lilwhitecoupe

Ricer
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
im just talking engines that have been run to death ( usually call them riced engines ) driven hard all that kind of stuff never taken care of... sorry bout that guys

HB94

5+ Year Member
Well its gonna be a daily driver. For now I will be N/A but if the money comes I will turbo. I guess what I really want to know is if the H22 swap would be faster or swap a B16 in and mod it with the left over money would it be as fast as the H22 swap

HB94

5+ Year Member
Well its gonnna be DD. I guess what I would like to know is if it would be better to swap the H22 or to swap a B16 or B18 and build it.

roaddogg3034

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
you could get a b16 and still have plenty of money left over to do some mods. but would you be happy with a b16? or would you want something a little bigger down the road. you could always go b17 or b18. its your car and preference.

ryan89crx

Spoolin single cam!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
F23b mated to an H22 trans

160hp/140tq, and only about $1500 :thumbs up

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
be sure not get the prelude tranny with ATTS, oh god what a pain in the ass, took up 3 days to change the clutch with it in the way

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
id do boosed LS before Boosted B16

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i prefer no vtec, but thats just me

ryan89crx

Spoolin single cam!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Green 91 said:
i prefer no vtec, but thats just me
when it comes to d series, so do i

but b series i a whole different ballgame. a fully ported LS head will barely flow that of a stock b16 head...

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
may if i used a B16 head, i would not run vtec, or vtec eliminator cams lol

HB94

5+ Year Member
I will not be doing this swap myself I will be having someone else do it so would I still be able to Buy a B16 and then boost it with the money left from buying the B16 . Sorry about all these questions I'm new to the import world.