swapping the backseat with 2 racing seats.. ?

TheNorwegian

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hi!
I'm new her (and from Norway), and I have a Civic Coupe -98..

The thing is that I want to remove the backseat and putt in 2 sport seats instead! How difficult will that be? Any of you guys done it before?

And also, is it possible to change my steering wheel to the S2000 wheel?

civickidd99

not fast, but it's paid 4
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I've seen both done! The backsest issue, it will take alot of building so that the metal underneath the bench seat doesn't show and you cannot see into the trunk area. I think the s2k steering wheel will bolt directly to a 96+ steering column. May be wrong, correct me if I am! Good luck with the projects.

2kstreetcivic

Runnin to Redline
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
first....a s2000 steering wheel will bolt right up to a civic 96+....As for the back seats...I have seen in done in pictures and it will take some welding but it looks nice

SeanMc300

professional a*****e
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
in a coupe....thats gonna need alot of metal work considering that the metal floor comes up.... like this

.........._______
........ /
____/

so youll need to flatten that out so the seats (and peoples heads) dont hit the ceiling.

9civic7

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
wow the S2000 wheel fits. I think i might look into one of those. The seats would look nice in the back.

JCV2000

Dirty South Side
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Is the S2000 wheel like incredibly expensive? Cuz that really is something to look into.