Swing the damn ban hammer

Ian123

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
so now i can say whatever i want and you guys cant even see it? wish i would have known this earlier...

Bheims

Bustin windows outcha car
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Click on their name click "View Public Profile", and it says "Add Ian123 to Your Ignore List"
I think someone should make this a sticky...Im sure there are many others who need this tip.

Chris.

Stickin' it to the man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
so now i can say whatever i want and you guys cant even see it? wish i would have known this earlier...
no that doesnt mean that.. you will still be able to be banned by us. so go on and push the limits... we shall see how much longer you stay... cause us mods can read anything you say no matter if you deleted it or not.

Ian123

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
no that doesnt mean that.. you will still be able to be banned by us. so go on and push the limits... we shall see how much longer you stay... cause us mods can read anything you say no matter if you deleted it or not.
i dont have a problem with you snake_shit and i would like to keep it that way. i was just trying to understand what exactly ignoring someone means

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Didn't see this thread until today...

I do my best not to close a thread unless it is totally gone to s**t... Here are a few things I look for

1. Was the OP involved in the process of turning the thread to s**t?
2. If the OP was not involved, did OP get the answer he or she was looking for?
3. Is there any further purpose the thread can serve if cleaned up and left open?

These all play a factor in whether I close a thread, or simply clean it up and hand out infractions. I can honestly say that I close VERY few threads. Maybe 1 every week or two.... sometimes less than that.

hooked_on4

RegularFlush
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Didn't see this thread until today...

I do my best not to close a thread unless it is totally gone to s**t... Here are a few things I look for

1. Was the OP involved in the process of turning the thread to s**t?
2. If the OP was not involved, did OP get the answer he or she was looking for?
3. Is there any further purpose the thread can serve if cleaned up and left open?

These all play a factor in whether I close a thread, or simply clean it up and hand out infractions. I can honestly say that I close VERY few threads. Maybe 1 every week or two.... sometimes less than that.
I tried to keep the peace over the last month, as much as a non-mod could ( i admit i lost my cool in the last day of it's down fall) but not much else I could of done, next time i'll just report it since i didn't think mods had any power really in OT.

Ignore feature is doing wonders now.

Destroy

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It still shows up when you get quoted, and people usually turn off the ignore function because they get too curious about what is being written.

That thread was a failure anyways, at least for off topic. If you want to post 100 pictures you took a car show do it in the Photo lounge.

hooked_on4

RegularFlush
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
That thread was a failure anyways, at least for off topic. If you want to post 100 pictures you took a car show do it in the Photo lounge.
If that's what was done sure what you said would of made sense.

Ian123

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
It still shows up when you get quoted, and people usually turn off the ignore function because they get too curious about what is being written.

thanks for the info.

and it was a failure. everyone posted the same s**t. i tried to make things a little different and everyone hated it. but thats right, i forgot no one on here knows what originality is. you gotta have a civic thats slammed, with some sort of jdm wheels (no rotas though), an apexi ws2 exhaust, a mugen or type r lip on the front, and some overpriced jdm garbage on the interior. anyone who thinks otherwise is shunned. and now im speaking the truth again and everyone knows im right, so im going to get called a crybaby or a s**t talker because there is nothing else to say. because god forbid i should start another debate on this forum, i mean its not like thats what forums are for in the first place...