switch out the dash now stuff doesnt work

spoolincivic

better than you
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
hey guys,

Some might remember me from the furry interior thread but now i finally switched out my crappy dash for a nice 93 cx manual one. The problem is now my interior lights on the gauges and the heater stuff doesn't work, i have no horn and my SRS light is constantly on. I remember when taking the old one out and putting the new one in that there seemed to be a connector missing. I did check and the my DX auto dash had 4 connectors that went into the under dash fuse box. The cx manual one only had three. I didnt look to see if i mised it but not luck. Heres a pic that i beilive is the culprit. Let me know what you guys think. Im think i need to switch out the whole harness from the old dash to this one or i could be wrong.

dank24

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
hmm thats a tuff call . I would post on multiple forums to get a fast responce.

JR-Style

Technician
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if i were you, id follow your power up far back as you can do, you prolly missed something. horn not working and srs light on? did you take the steering wheel off? and possibly turn the wheel to much? possible clockspring problem? look for obvious things that you might have missed. everything you just spoke of is around the steering column, trace wires for anything around there unplugged.

spoolincivic

better than you
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yes i did take the steering wheel off to remove the dash, i heard you need to reset the ecu for that light to go out, and i also heard that it may not be compatible since the cx has less stuff then my dx. im gonna try to put the other dash in there today and if that works ok then im gonna try and take the harness out in put it int hte other one.

dank24

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
did the cx jave heat and a/c? Maybe you need to change the climate controls, or somthing easyer to swap out.

spoolincivic

better than you
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ok so i was looking and some stuff today and i noticed that the DX dash deff has another connector in the dash harness and there is another plug on the cluster. I got two pics to show you what i mean. the one empty pluf in on the car now but ther CX dashboard doesnt have a plug for it and i even looked in the CX car and there no plug like that at all. So see what you guys can make out of this. thanks

spoolincivic

better than you
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Another update here, found out that those plugs are only for the auto gear indicator thing in the auto cluster, i dont think that would have any kind of effect but im still tracing wires to see where this stuff goes. any help just through it out there.

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
we'll figure this out yet batman

spoolincivic

better than you
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yea i cant find any answers to this and im going nuts over it. everything works even the warning light around the cluster when you first turn the car on and the buttons on the climate control even work. Not the lights for the gauges or the lights to show you the climate control. Anyone have any advice?

spoolincivic

better than you
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ok new development today, i have a original civic radio in my car, when i turned off my car to go to the bank and came back turned the car on and the radio was asking for a "code". usually that only happens when power is completely lost to the radio, tried it couple more times and sure enough it kept asking for a code after it was turned off. Let me know if anyone has any ideas.

spoolincivic

better than you
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Another thing is that there is a relay clicking under my dash, hadn't have enough time to find which one is make that noise but thought id through that out there to see if that helps

spoolincivic

better than you
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
haha!!! figured it out tonight, it was my dimmer switch! Change it out with the on that i used to have in there and bam! lights came right on. Man i am soo happy about that. Now my only other concern is that the stock honda radio keeps losing power because every time i turn my car off and back on the radio asks for a code. May be the memory power. Anyone have a radio wiring diagram. let me know

dank24

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
good to hear