switching to synthetic this late?

ri.S.I.R.

5+ Year Member
Hey guys i get free castrol syntec at my work and i was wondering if i should switch my car to it? It has almost 200,000km's and i believe its been running on conventional or at least since ive had it but do u think it would be okay to switch over?

chameleon30038

Inquisitive
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
switching to synthetic .... its not too late but not really needed....keep in mind honda developed these motors with the understanding of what is required to run them. I worked @ honda and nothing got synthetic. not even s2k or the new si.

Civic2007

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
synthectics have more detergents in them to keep the motor cleaner but thats about it, id say non synthetic does the job just fine

monotech

Banned
Synthetic also lasts longer roughly 7,500 miles just keep using 20w/50 no need to use synthetic.

NACvicSi

5+ Year Member
Synthetic also lasts longer roughly 7,500 miles just keep using 20w/50 no need to use synthetic.

20w50? Wtf are you retarded? Do NOT run that thick of oil. 10W30 and synthetic will work fine, free is even better.

Noodler

I wear socks
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
synthetic is ok to use whenever. just keep it constant. dont go switching back and forth at each change. 5w/10w depending on where you live

Civic2007

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
synthetic is ok to use whenever. just keep it constant. dont go switching back and forth at each change. 5w/10w depending on where you live
exactly and this guy lives in canada......so to nacivicsi, no i dont fail much

D16z6PN

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
He has about 125k miles if you convert it to miles, so its not really way up there.
Yes, you should be fine running synthetic.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
who cares. the question is synthetic or non-synthetic, not the thickness.

conventional oil has been perfectly fine for me.

Tek-C