Swivel Seats

yfnchase

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Has anyone ever seen seats that swivel 180 degrees to face the back? If so, where?

greenlx777

BigRed is Dead
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
in a bar, on a boat....

especko

the reborn ESP
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
handicap vans for people who can drive that are in wheel chairs use a drivers seat that car swivel, and i think that some decked out conversion vans also have seats that can rotate as well.

yfnchase

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yeah, but will they fit on a 5th gen?

lonewolf

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I do remember seeing a car with swivel seats before.. it was a long time ago tho. I think his rear window was a large screen and the driver and passenger seat swiveled round to play ps2/dvd etc... I will have a look for the magazine when i get home from work and post some scans if i find it.

yfnchase

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yeah, I have this visioin of my driver/passenger side seats swiveling around, and dropping the back seat to show a big tv...doubt it ever happens, cause it'd be hella expensive, but that'd be friggin pimp

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
yfnchase said:
Yeah, I have this visioin of my driver/passenger side seats swiveling around, and dropping the back seat to show a big tv...doubt it ever happens, cause it'd be hella expensive, but that'd be friggin pimp
it will never ever happen...... not only would it be dangerous and stupid, but there is no where near enough room in a 5th gen to swivel the seats, let alone have the room to swivel with someone sitting on them.

have fun dreaming, because it's all it'll ever be.... a dream

Eran

It's on ass-backwards.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
where do we find these people .... seriosuly.

yfnchase

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hey thanks guys, it's funny though, cause I guarentee I could do it, given the money. Seriously, I don't understand why there are so many assholes on here. We're here to talk about cars, not be assfucks.

lonewolf

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
found it. its a turbo astra.

no exterior shots, but it MAYbe this one:

BTW this interior cost £20,000+

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
yfnchase said:
Hey thanks guys, it's funny though, cause I guarentee I could do it, given the money. Seriously, I don't understand why there are so many assholes on here. We're here to talk about cars, not be assfucks.
the only "assfuck" thing in this thread was the incredibly horrible idea of putting swivel seats in your honda civic......

if you start on your conversion now, you should finish it about 2 weeks after hell freezes over
but let me know when you get it finished so i can point and laugh at you

Last edited:

yfnchase

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It's funny how your post is right under another car that's done it. Of course, you must understand when I say swivel I don't mean they're going to swivel freely, they would lock in place, obviously, to prevent dying. And if I had the money, and did it, it'd be pretty f**king sweet. I odn't know what your problem is, but maybe you should try not being such an ass.

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
you obviously dont understand that there's not enough room in a 5th gen civic to allow seats to turn.
the area you sit on would have to be the size and shape of a dinner plate....

if somehow you did spend $35,000+ or so on stripping your interior, modifying your frame structure, widen the interior/exterior of the car by a good 3-4", flatten the entire floor board, and fiberglass an entirely new %100 custom interior.... i'd still laugh at you

yfnchase said:
will they fit on a 5th gen?
pop-n-fresh said:
there is no where near enough room in a 5th gen to swivel the seats
lonewolf said:
found it. its a turbo astra.
yfnchase said:
It's funny how your post is right under another car that's done it.
and again, the car pictured above is not a 5th gen civic and in no way proves your point...... but you knew that already didnt you?

Last edited:

2GCIVI

4 show till tickets go
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yfnchase said:
It's funny how your post is right under another car that's done it. Of course, you must understand when I say swivel I don't mean they're going to swivel freely, they would lock in place, obviously, to prevent dying. And if I had the money, and did it, it'd be pretty f**king sweet. I odn't know what your problem is, but maybe you should try not being such an ass.
Sorry that your thread perceived you as an ass hole. Your idea does sound cool for a show car but making it happen just seems like a long shot. Good luck if you try!

yfnchase

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thanks 2G. Pop, just drop it, we obviously have differing opinions....but there's no reason to be bitches about it (on either side).

420GREEN

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
This can be done and has been done...........just check out what all the lowriders are doin...............seen it in a Civic about 7years ago at a lowrider show in Cali.................but I gotta say that I'm into the performance aspect of Honda, not into that all 4 show............................

yfnchase

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yeah, as I said, I doubt I'd ever do it, mainly because of the whole money issue. I just thought it'd be cool.

Eran

It's on ass-backwards.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yfnchase said:
Yeah, as I said, I doubt I'd ever do it, mainly because of the whole money issue. I just thought it'd be cool.
you could do it .... with barstools. :roll:

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
shorten the legs on bar stools is the only workable method, other then that this thread is Ghey.

Squintz

Banned
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Why do they have to swivel? Fabricate a quick release that mounts forward or reverse and viola. Remove the seat and mount it backwards in 0.5