system rebuild

thezak69

5+ Year Member
currently im doing a new rebuild with a single treo ssx subwoofer. this woofer is a dual 1 ohm subwoofer and is capable of taking 2000 watts rms. i bought the sub from a local shop (precision mobile audio) and have been buying all my stuff from there since.

s_crowley 17

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
That sub does not make 2000 watts rms, thats just a lie.

most likely 2000 peak... what amp are you matching it with?

thezak69

5+ Year Member
so far the box is not carpeted but will soon be i also have zero gauge wire that will be ran along with an stinger 1000 batt that is capable of producing up to 2400 watts to power my system

thezak69

5+ Year Member
acually the sub does handle 2000 watt rms thats not the peak to the sub. and i will be running two treo csx 1000/1 mono block amplifiers to the sub

s_crowley 17

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
well thats pretty impressive, im wondering what this sounds like..

thezak69

5+ Year Member
* Available in 10, 12, 15, and 18 inch diameters.
* Precision CNC-machined low-carbon steel motor structure with durable and attractive triple-polished nickel finish (534 oz. on SSX10.xx & SSX12.xx, 582 oz. on SSX15.22 & SSX18.22)
* Triple-stack strontium ferrite magnets with an attractive rubber magnet boot
* High-flow extreme diameter vented pole piece
* Extreme excursion motor structure and suspension design
* Five-layer Poly-ether UV-treated foam surround
* The largest high-temperature Nomex damper in car audio today allows 4 inches of excursion
* Integrated tinsel leads for increased reliability and enhanced sound quality at high excursion
* Attractive anti-resonance Die-cast aluminum basket with TREO Engineering-exclusive perimeter venting
* Kevlar-reinforced TREO-exclusive Penta-fiber cone
* Extreme power handling 4.0 Inch high temperature aluminum voice coils with integral heatsink on SSX15.xx and SSX18.xx
* Extreme power handling 3.0 Inch high-temperature aluminum voice coils with integral heatsink on SSX10.xx and SSX12.xx
* 2000 Watts RMS Power handling on SSX12.xx
* 2500 Watts RMS Power handling on SSX15.xx & SSX18.xx
* Dual 1 Ohm or dual 2 Ohm voice coils for a variety of installation options
* Nickel-plated spring-loaded push terminals retain up to 8 AWG wire
* Optimized for medium and large sealed, vented, and bandpass enclosures
* Built by hand in the United States from domestic and imported components
* Three-year dealer installed warranty
these are the specs on the woofers. i have the dual 1 ohm 12 subwoofer

thezak69

5+ Year Member
and there loud. the guy at the shop that i bought it off of has 2 of the 15 models with 2500 watt rms each in a huge ported box running roughly 5000 rms to the subs and i heard is with zero gain turned on and with the subs not broken in and its insanely loud prob around 155 db not broken in but my sub will hurt around 148 to 150 .... i just got done dynamating the trunk so we will see

4bangincivic

sup
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
and there loud. the guy at the shop that i bought it off of has 2 of the 15 models with 2500 watt rms each in a huge ported box running roughly 5000 rms to the subs and i heard is with zero gain turned on and with the subs not broken in and its insanely loud prob around 155 db not broken in but my sub will hurt around 148 to 150 .... i just got done dynamating the trunk so we will see
that s**t is going to rattle.

thezak69

5+ Year Member
heres some of the pics of the dynamat work done
although i did forget to take pictures of the doors since i did dynamat them both i will take a chance sometime to take the panal off to take some pictures but hes some of the other stuff going in.

and this is the amp for the interior speakers which as of right now will be focal acess in the front and focal tweeters. not sure yet what im going to buy for the rear.. since the rear isnt very important

thezak69

5+ Year Member
ya the sub does handle 2000 watt rms easy ive watched it do it and it barely moves ive never seen a sub take such power with ease in my life.. and i cant seal them up at the moment. my window regulator is bad but since im putting focals in the door im going to just encloser them in the door and they will sound nice

Shaimus

the best
5+ Year Member
how much weight is this whole system adding to your car?
that dynamat s**t is expensive and heavy

thezak69

5+ Year Member
the sub box weighes i think like uhh 70 i think im not really sure
ill prob be adding like 100 pounds or so
and the dynamat isnt to bad only if you add alot of dynamat it matters like if you do your whole car

ScratchNSniff

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
RaaMat/Ensolite FTW...get rid of those holes for sure...hopefully you are deadining the insides as well...also don't half ass it...cover it all...

thezak69

5+ Year Member
nah i did both the inside and out.. i just installed focal speakers and tweeters in the doors ill have a pic up soon... the speakers dont fit quite right so were gonna space it out more use an mdf ring and completly seal it up