T25 (S13) Turbo on a B series

aztecracer

Proud owner of an EJ8
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
My bro has an S13 with an SR20DET Stock. He's upgrading from his stock T25 to a T28bb. what do you guys think about doing a custom built turbo sys for a b20 using this T25? Good idea or bad idea? LMK

stealthy

4 Doors For More Whores
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
its kinda small, better suited for d series, but it will work ok on a b20, atleast it doesnt rev high.

4drcivicmaster

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
it will work obviously but its so tiny..... you wont make much power out of it thats for sure.

aztecracer

Proud owner of an EJ8
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
werd! what kinda turbo you think i should go? any recommendations? or experience with. Right now im doing 240whp with b20 vtec n/a sleeved 85.5mm pistons skunk 2 stage 2 cams type r intake straight pipe s200 hondata 550cc injectors, Why big i got them cheaper than sum smaller ones, buddy club gears GSR tranny. I know the process of going turbo most of these things ima have to take off but i want to build sumthing that i can push 300+whp. what do you guys think? LMK

umair

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
it should not be bad to start off with but you will want to upgrade later on.

4drcivicmaster

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
garrett 57trim would suit you well. i got one in my car and im making 402whp in a single cam...
else there is the gt35r but that one is alot more spendy...

ryanM

it will be decent, it wont make huge power but whatever.

i like my T25

i dont even know what turbo lag is.

5th gear at 25mph? yea i can still hit boost.

aztecracer

Proud owner of an EJ8
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
cow fertilizer to the side it is 240 ive been working on this car for 4 years now and all has been made possible by two people Jerry built who i got the engine from and Joe Machines who used to build with jerry, the whole block and head took a whole strip cleaned out by the machine shop. all internals on the block have been replaced aluminum rods. 85.5mm high comp pistons re surfaced head port and polished with skunk 2 stage 2 cams and buddy club gears including Toda Vtec retainers and valve springs set. Like i said BS to the side ive pampered this build for 4 years already and with out a squeeze im putting out 240whp. thats why i want to start boosting but i'm thinking about it through because i know that if i do most of this stuff needs to come off for parts that support the boost.

ryanM

holy f**k

i was going to say to not boost it, since you are already making 240 NA

but if you have to rev to 8300 rpms to make 240 horsepower, f**k that

boost

umair

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
the turbo set up you are using ahould be fun on the streets since its going to spool right away.

ryanM

the turbo set up you are using ahould be fun on the streets since its going to spool right away.
i agree

insta spool and good power.

you think you have torque now? just wait until you turbo.

you probably wont ever hit 8000rpms again

you wont need to to have fun.

djrenok

Titanium-Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Garrett T04E T3/T4 would be a great turbo for what your looking for. and room to increase also