Tachometer Needle Stuck

Gamboa41

My tachometer needle went all the way around and is sitting on the other side of pin can someone help out on what I can do?

nd4sped

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
My man said VTEC gooooooooo!!!!!!!!

If the stepper motor is not damaged, you may get lucky by removing the gauge cluster assembly. Unclipping the plastic bezel and "gently" bending the needle around the pin. Reconnect dash and take it for a test drive to check the needle response.

Gamboa41

My man said VTEC gooooooooo!!!!!!!!

If the stepper motor is not damaged, you may get lucky by removing the gauge cluster assembly. Unclipping the plastic bezel and "gently" bending the needle around the pin. Reconnect dash and take it for a test drive to check the needle response.
Haha had to get some Go Fasts in

Thanks man I’ll try it hopefully I don’t have to get a whole new cluster because I’ve tryed to look for just the tachometer and I can’t find one

nd4sped

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Haha had to get some Go Fasts in

Thanks man I’ll try it hopefully I don’t have to get a whole new cluster because I’ve tryed to look for just the tachometer and I can’t find one
Ya you are not going to find the tachometer by it self as replacing it would take way more time than just swapping out the entire cluster which takes less than 30 minutes.

Brak

Respected
5+ Year Member
You'd have to remove the entire cluster in order to repair the tach...
may as well just swap it out.

i picked up a spare cluster for $10 at the junk yard
that's the route i would go.