Taffy White Civic First Car Pics

98Steven

5+ Year Member
Hi,

New here. I'm 17 and I got my first car a little while ago. It's 1998 Honda Civic Ex. It's been in my family since it was brand new and I'm noW the third brother/owner to have it. I was originally saving for a manual but minimum wage sucks so I was forced to buy the auto from my dad. Price was $1500 with 127000 miles on it.

Since money is so tight for me I'm not planning on doing anything performance wise to it. I'd like to fix a few little dents and one big one. Pic included of the big one. I'd mainly like to clean it up a lil. Throw some rims on there and maybe a paint job in the future. The black passenger side mirror is getting painted tomorrow. I'm gonna try to spraypaint it first and if it doesnt turn out too good I'l have it done professionally. Thanks.

EDIT: Forgot to blur license plates but oh well. It's no different then if you wrote it down when I was parked somewhere i guess.

ENGINE MODS:
DC Sports Headers
No Name Intake
2 1/4 inch Exhaust From Headers Back

EXTERIOR:
Removed Ugly Pinstriping Today Myself
Older Brother Removed All Rear Badges and Replaced with Blue JDM H

INTERIOR:
Walmart Floor Mats (lol)
Alpine Head Unit
Solo-Baric Kickers

Now the part everyone wants...PICS! (i hope this works)

civic94lx

Banned
Looks good for a first car! Just keep it clean and simple. No ricer mods.

somejaykid

i'm a mod now
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i can't believe your dad sold the car to you i would imagine he would just hand you the key and say "take good care of her son". but anyway nice car

enycesam

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i can't believe your dad sold the car to you i would imagine he would just hand you the key and say "take good care of her son". but anyway nice car
That's what I was thinking.
But clean slate to work off of I guess.

98Steven

5+ Year Member
Thanks for the comments. Well in my family my parents have always done the "buy your own first car" but "we will pay for all of your college tuition". My dad did give me a great deal on it. Blue book value is twice what I paid and I get to pay montly. He pays my insurance as well. Regardless i consider myself lucky and I'm grateful for it even if I did have to pay.

EK|B

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Keep it clean and try to paint the other mirror lol. Also try to stay away from other engine mods because it's automatic.

1997EK

1997 Civic DX (EJ6)
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Looks like a nice clean slate. Too bad it's auto, but hey, welcome to the club lol.

How exactly did you go about removing your pinstripes? I wanna take mine off but I've heard of various methods including using a heat gun/hair dryer or using some eraser wheel attachment for a drill. Not sure what gives the best results with the least work.

c_diddy

drove through a tree
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i'd say pay it off first and then play with it. but for 1500 not bad.

1Lowcoupe

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Throw the "JDM" blue H in the garbage.. nice car though, at least it wasn't hacked up by some ricer.

Destroy

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Sell the subs and use the money for something useful.

98Steven

5+ Year Member
Looks like a nice clean slate. Too bad it's auto, but hey, welcome to the club lol.

How exactly did you go about removing your pinstripes? I wanna take mine off but I've heard of various methods including using a heat gun/hair dryer or using some eraser wheel attachment for a drill. Not sure what gives the best results with the least work.
To take the pinstripping off I just picked at the end with my fingernail until I could pull and then I just pulled it off. Repeated the process anytime it broke or where it ended (i.e. door or fuel door). After it was all off I used a Adhesive Remover to get the glue left behind. You can still see the ghost lines if you look closely but I'm sure that will fade as they collect dirt to match the rest of the car. Hope that helped.

Keep it clean and try to paint the other mirror lol. Also try to stay away from other engine mods because it's automatic.
Yeah I have no interest in any more engine mods. I just wanna make my car look nicer lol.

Sell the subs and use the money for something useful.
Nah, I appreciate the input but I'm still 17 and in the "i love bass" phase so the subs stay for now. =) I'm sure when I'm a lil older my opinion on them will change though.

253eg

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member

heat gun/hair dry is all you'll need. Keep it on low heat, they come off fast.

Riseagain97

I get lost in your eyes..
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Nice White coupes are just clean cars to begin with good luck!!
BTW my freind is buying an 97 auto coupe and plans to mod the exterior. Pefect car for a DD and still make it look good Nothing wrong with auto!

forever<3

prob thinks u smell :(
5+ Year Member
aww it reminds me of my husbands first car he got when he was 18. it was an 04 Accord and you DID get a good deal on it! His was like 4000 i think.