Tail Lights

04D17

5+ Year Member
Yeah is jus me does the tail lights on 7th gen look ok y does everyone change them and also does any one knbow where i can get a clip set for an 04 ex jw

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
04D17 said:
Yeah, is it just me or do the taillights on a 7th gen look ok? Why does everyone change them and also does anyone know where I can get a clip set for an '04 EX. j/w
Sorry, your post was a little difficult to read, so I retyped it for myself. Since you have no other responces I figured I'd keep the "translated" version up for more to read.

Anyway... do you have a coupe, hatch, or sedan? And what exactly do you mean by "clip set" too? Do you just mean a set of taillights or what?

got_sake?

1.7 ltrs of fury!!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
most aftermarket tails look like garbage. keep your stockers. you could always tint your stockers.

Thanks for converting that to english Amy.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oh yeah, and I don't know about the other body styles, but I like the EDM coupe taillights. =)

04D17

5+ Year Member
thanx

yeah thax for the answers and i do have a coupe and by clip im talking jus a like a clip or a front lip thing. and how do i tint my lights =)

oh thanx for translating my stuff :suprise:

04D17

5+ Year Member
Wat do you guys think bout changing ur headlight to the halo ones jw or does that make it seem u trying to look like a RSX:?:

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
04D17 said:
yeah thax for the answers and i do have a coupe and by clip im talking jus a like a clip or a front lip thing. and how do i tint my lights =)

oh thanx for translating my stuff :suprise:
So by clip you mean front and rear lips? I guess it really depends on what lips you want and maybe what material you want the lip made of. There are some other 7th gen members on here with some nice lips on it though.

I'm probbaly not the best to comment on halo lights though since I'm a huge fan of stock parts (USDM, JDM, EDM, whatever). =)

Ian01ex

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Dont do the halo ones unless you like not being able to see at night. The only time those are a good idea is if you are doing an hid retrofit.

rolakers

Milkman Insane
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I tinted mine, although they came out darker then I wanted, but I still like them

They are not as dark as they look in the picture

JEKEL

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yep

If you guys want a nice idea on tinting your tail light buy some VHT Knight Shades. They go for like $10.95

Lynk to their site: http://www.trucknvans.com/VHT_Nite_Shades_p/sp999.htm

I did my tails with this stuff and it looks asome. I didnt sand it or anything i just cleaned any residue really well with mild soap a sponge and water. Then i recleaned with windex and lint free towel. The way i did it was to use blue painters tape. I masked off the reverse light section (looks clear white), and the horse shoe shaped area on the tail so no spray would get to it. I sprayed one layer of the night shades on it let it sit for 15 minutes to be safe 10 would be fine, took of the tape and used the finest grade sand paper and carefully sanded down the line where the tape was masked off and the paint met. After i sprayed another two layers. This will make it look OEM. Also i did not paint the reverse white area. It makes it look really nice in my opinion.