taillight opinions

98ej8

I LOVE MY GIRLFRIEND
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
hey ya'll
i got a 98 coupe and i was deciding whether to get 99-00 taillights or to just tint the orange part red
tinting would be cheaper i know and i like the way it looks too but i just wanted to hear some opinions
thanks

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
What model civic?

bmac9269

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
these are my 98 lights i like them alot this way but its ur preference

SoJ1Ro

just sit back and enjoy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
from his name im guessing EX but the model wouldnt matter

98ej8

I LOVE MY GIRLFRIEND
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yeah but i like the red and white
wanna keep it more or less clean but thanks

and yeah its an EX but doesnt matter cuz 96-98 have same taillights with the orange on the bottom

d16y7 98 dx

d16y7 98 dx
yea i had the orange on mine and hated it. i bought some 99-00 tailights for 67bucks brand new on ebay free shipping. makes the car look sooo much better

1997EK

1997 Civic DX (EJ6)
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
With all due respect, that looks like crap.

OP, personally I'd go with the red/white 50-50 tails from 99-00 models. The red tint doesn't look half bad either, but it depends on the color of your car.

akimm17

5+ Year Member
u know i was wonderin, is there any way like the diy black housing front headlights to take apart the rears and possibly clear out the amber?

jeders

Guamster : ]
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
u know i was wonderin, is there any way like the diy black housing front headlights to take apart the rears and possibly clear out the amber?
i don't think so.

OP, 99-00 tails. PERIOD! :cool:

i think the 96-98 tails only look good if the car is orange or copper...

MidnightCivicEX

EK Ferio WIP
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
the diy for the headlights is to remove/paint over the chrome in the headlight lens.

As far as the tail light goes, that plastic was actually made amber... so there isn't really a way to make it red... unless you use tint...

OP, bro, dont do it cheap... you'll regret it in the long run... just spend the money to get some Si tails if you want something different... or stick with the 96/98 tails and stick it true with your year, thats what i'd do... but thats just my .02

forcdincivic

Needs More Snail
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
the diy for the headlights is to remove/paint over the chrome in the headlight lens.

As far as the tail light goes, that plastic was actually made amber... so there isn't really a way to make it red... unless you use tint...

OP, bro, dont do it cheap... you'll regret it in the long run... just spend the money to get some 99-00 tails if you want something different... or stick with the 96/98 tails and stick it true with your year, thats what i'd do... but thats just my .02
Fixed it...

Not just the Si's have the red and white tailights. Its any coupe between the 99-00 years. Hatches and sedans obviously are shaped differently.

98ej8

I LOVE MY GIRLFRIEND
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
mmkay thanks people
my cars silver/gray btw
guess ill skip the tint and find some 99-00 lights lol

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I agree with the majority. I have the 99-00 and I love them on mine. It looks really clean.

98ej8

I LOVE MY GIRLFRIEND
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
meh idk
i wanna keep it more or less clean but thanks

blkej7

hungry for boost
i just bought the clear and red tinted ones off of ebay. they look good on a black car like mine. i would do the same imo