Taking off Door Panel

zach246

2 gsr hatches
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
How Do you get the plastic window crank off the door panel. Do u just pull it off or is there some other way??? im trying to take a door panel off a hatch..

CivicDX94

5+ Year Member
There is a "U" shaped metal that holds it in place, you can remove it using a hook of some sort or even a small screwdriver. I posted while ago a thread on how to install tweeters on the door panels but didn't detailed how to remove the cranking mechanism because it had been done already a lot of times. Click here if you still want to look at the thread to give you an idea. I hope this helps.

one6

Shorts and Sandals FTW!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Roll the window crank until the rontating ball part of it is at the 12 o'clock position, look down behind the crank and you should see a round pin at the base, with a small screw driver pry the pin off (be careful not to hurt the window crank handle itself). Once the pin is off, the handle pulls right off with ease.

(If you see the bottom side of it as opposed to the top, someone has installed it wrong and you'll have to attack it from the 6 o'clock position).

Hope that makes sense.

somejaykid

i'm a mod now
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
yeah what they say i did this to my car when the f**king thieves broke into my car 3 times:evil:

p.s. it's better if you have a small hook instead of using a screwdriver