Taking out a mustang?

hardcore97

Hard Core
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i walked all over a new v6 mustang. wasnt even close. and i only have a b18b. so with a b18c it wouldnt even be worth wasting your gas on a v6

hooked_on4

RegularFlush
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I remember back in like 2000 in my "ricer" days thinking Mustangs were my arch rivals in s**t, too funny these conversations are still happening today.

o0kuam0o

Master of Ceremonies
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I used to hang with my buddie's 98 v6 mustang back in like 2003... and that was with a stock d16z6 with ricer bolt ones (I/H/E). Although, I am a great driver, my car hung with the mustang easily. This was in a 94 EX coupe.

umair

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I highly doubt that unless you have some serious modifications done to your b16.
5.0 notch back mustangs run high 14s to low 15s.....i dont see why u doubt that.

bud6770

Your mom has vtec
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
The old notchbacks arent that quick, very restricted from the factory.

sparta531

5+ Year Member
uhhhhhhhhh this is hard, still got my friend that has a v6 plus trans that wants to sell it to me for a 1g. I was looking at prices for custom harness and it's 500 dollars and so are the mounts. Plus he said that i can pay him on a monthly basis. So am not sure what i should to do, spend 3500 on a 4 cylinder or get a v6 with more power?

Oh and some one wanted to know what type of mustang? 2006 v6 mustang, The new body mustangs, not that fat looking ones.

Last edited:

dubricer21

5+ Year Member
You should have no problem with taking out a V6 mustang. I use to have a da teg, stock beat to f**k b18a1, cold air intake, and 2 1/4 inch full exhaust from stock header back, no power steering and ac. I dont know if dude in mustang knew how to drive or what but I beat him not by much tho, and he was in a 98 V6 5speed mustang. With a gsr motor you should not have a problem beating him or at least staying close.

dubricer21

5+ Year Member
i also beat a 5.0 in my 91 accord, completly gutted (front seat gauge cluster and steering wheel only thing in it) stock f22a cold air intake and clamped on fart pipe.

hooked_on4

RegularFlush
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yeah man i just took out this 96 mustang v6 auto sooo rad. Imports rule domestics suck!

VTEC_Civic97

5+ Year Member
shouldn't be a prob i got a B18A1 in a 6th gen coupe and i dont have any problems with em...i hung with em even when i had my d-series

r_becca92

5+ Year Member
i personaly hate mustangs and would pay damn good money to see a civic beat a stang by a good 3 car links!

sparta531

5+ Year Member
Well i do have a camera, and a girlfriend so ill have her record the whole thing happening. But prolly going to be 2 or 3 months before this happens.

therealeg6

5+ Year Member
mustangs arent very fast ....
i have a rhd eg6 (1992 civic sir) with the stock b16
my mods are
skunk2 intake manifold
skunk 2 68mm throtle
password jdm carbon intake
4-2-1 hytech replica headers
no cat
apexi n1 cat back

and i could give a v6 (98) mustang a car lead at 100kmh and by 160 i was at least a car ahead
5.0 mustangs (94 i think) i beat by half a car 100 to ......
2003 gt im equal first second third gear
mustang gt 2008 im really close to beeing equal 1 - 2 - 3
cobras ..ummmm ya im behind !!! hahahha

enyway gsr is gonna more or less the same as what i do
my friend has a 1999 si coupe with gsr and were pretty equal !!:D