taking out tweeters??

customEX

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I want to change out the tweeters in my 00 EX but cant figure out how to get the black peice off the window, anyone know how to do this?

96greencivic

#1 in the Atlantic!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
EZ, open the door, roll down the window. Slowly pry it out and wiggle slowly with your hands. No tools needed.

96greencivic

#1 in the Atlantic!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Here's a pic I took when I changed my mirrors. You can see one small friction clip in the middle. There are 3 black plastic prongs as guides. Be careful of them. The tweeter housing comes out pretty easy.

georgelb

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeah, but to get the tweeter out you have to unplug it...which requires pulling the doorpanel...stock plug shown

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
great photos. i have a feeling i'll need to know this for when i change out my oem elephant ear power mirrors for non-usdm power mirrors

Pit_lover

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Any luck with getting a good set of aftermarket components to fit in the tweeter cups?

I have empty cups salvaged off a 99ex that I want to install in my 96dx hatch. This makes for a clean install if I can find the proper set of components to fit (without cutting up the door panels)....

georgelb

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
as seen in the pic above...I got MB Quart tweets in mine. It required a bit of dremel action...but once the tweeter is in you cannot tell it was trimmed. Just take your time and take off very small amounts at a time. Should come out something like this.

anekin007

Unregistered User
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
because with the two hooks mounts.. the other day i finally broke my passanger one. it will still snap on fine but i was trying not to break it. how did you guy remove the housing without braking those two mounting hooks?

RiceburnerRyan

I
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ehh ... i just reused the stock tweeter thing you have your own mounting thing so i donno haha