Talk about bad luck :\

jdmpassion

that civic.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
sry if this is the wrong area to post
but yea

i was going down this road and i had 2 of my friends in the back..and i was in a rush but
the road was a dotted line.. so that means you can pass right?
i accelerated to 35 keep in mind im only 5 over the speed limit
this old lady in front of me was going like 15, so 15 in a 30 is slow
i passed her and there was a black tarus like 50 feet in front of me and it moves a little and i got back over as soon as it turned into a solid, and a cop comes over the hill and pulls me over
AND I GET A f**king wreckless driving ticket!!!!!!! 6 points and 440$$!! im f**king 15 for christ sake!!!

:(

has this happened to anyone?? any idea how bad insurance is gonna go up? :(

sky9

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
dam and i tot my 35$ parking with out a permit ticket was bad, ...sorry to hear. ohh yah insurance well go up a bit, on the count thats ur sill young

xNOBOOSTx

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Well i dont exactly understand what your trying to say but first off why are you 15 and drivin. next you know that even though the woman was going 15 and your passing her you still must stay under the speed limit.

NorCal_Style

NorCal Tuner
5+ Year Member
dude f**k tha money part.... you got f**ked with the points on your record.... i got 4 points... i got those when i was 17.. good ole street racing days.. but yea if you get caught street racing you get 2 points..... and well i got caught twice........it really f**ks you up later down the road for jobs and shizzle

CivicEX13

CC's Valve Cover Guy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ok so you were 15 and driving??? and u are complaining about 440 and 6 points...you dont even have a permit,,,how did you get away with that?

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Some states let you drive at the age of 15. Personally, I think thats abit too young, but....sorry to hear about your luck.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
CivicEX13 said:
ok so you were 15 and driving??? and u are complaining about 440 and 6 points...you dont even have a permit,,,how did you get away with that?
In South Carolina you only have to be 15i n order to get your learner's permit/license.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Driving_Age#United_States_and_Canada
Pineapples said:
can you earn the points back..?
Points are bad. You don't want any. You get points for drivign offenses. Some states use a points system where if you have X amount of points you can lose your license. Many insurance companies also use point systems too, though not related to the state point systems.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
6 points and 440 bills? Jesus christ.. What kind of law is that?

I got 6 points and somewhere around $120 for my speeding ticket which was 19 over (64 in a 45). I was originally doing a good 70-75ish but slammed on the brakes when I saw the cop and he only clocked me at 64 :lol:. 20 over and anything more is a no no.

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
man, you didnt even know what dotted lines of a road mean. you are 15 and you shouldnt be driving bro....be careful out there man.

jdmpassion

that civic.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i knew what it meant lol
..and yea i have my restricted
but i guess i am young ..
i got f**ked lol

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
amej8 said:
6 points and 440 bills? Jesus christ.. What kind of law is that?

I got 6 points and somewhere around $120 for my speeding ticket which was 19 over (64 in a 45). I was originally doing a good 70-75ish but slammed on the brakes when I saw the cop and he only clocked me at 64 :lol:. 20 over and anything more is a no no.
It's probably such a high ticket because he doesn't have a full license yet. Perhaps they use a graduated license there? Just like in some places he wouldn't have a license at all for this.

DAF

Zinc Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
6 points, jesus, youll be lucky to keep insurance. Get a danm good lawyer, even if he costs $400 a day, he will still be cheaper then how much your rates will go up over the course of two years.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
It depends on how many points the insurance company gives him for this.

See, when you get pulled over and the cop tells you it's going to be X points, that's not on your insurance. Different insurance providers use different point systems (I imagine) and they do not have anything to do with the number of points the state gives you for that ticket.

That means you can get (for example) 6 points for the ticket, but only get 3 or 4 points on your insurance. Some states don't use points systems and some insurance companies don't use point systems even.

I had 13 points in Delaware (no idea how many on insurance though). I never lost my license, though had I gotten three more I would have.

This is your first ticket, right? Call up the courthouse and inquire about pleading PBJ. I'm not sure if they have it in your state, but it makes it so you don't get any points, BUT you will have to pay more on the ticket. Remember those points will be there at least three years though and you can earn the money back quickly in comparision.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
More info on PBJ (probation before judgement), though not from your state... I can't find info quickly for your state, but you might be able to.

http://legal-assistance.monmouth.army.mil/magistrate.html
Q . Will points be assessed against my state driver’s license?

A. Although Fort Monmouth is a military installation subject to exclusive federal jurisdiction, individual state departments of motor vehicles may assess points on a driver’s license for offenses committed within the jurisdiction of Fort Monmouth, NJ. Contact your state department of motor vehicles or motor vehicle administration to determine whether or not points may be assessed on your license. Regardless of your state’s department of motor vehicles points policy, there are two ways in which points will not be assessed against your state driver’s license. First, if you plead Not Guilty, demand a trial, and are found Not Guilty, points will not be assessed on your license. Second, if you plead, Not Guilty, Not Guilty on an Agreed Statement of Facts, or Guilty, and/or you are subsequently found Guilty, points will not be assessed if the Judge sentences you to Probation Before Judgment (PBJ). PBJ is not a conviction and no points will be assessed on your state driver’s license. However, if you subsequently violate the terms of your PBJ (such as by committing another offense), you may be re-sentenced and a conviction for the offense may be entered on your driving record. Also note: Insurance companies may consider PBJ an equivalent to a conviction for risk assessment purposes.

xNOBOOSTx

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
^^^ She knows her stuff. Talk to a lawyer and see if he can help you any.

96 DX Hatch

Alex
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Contest the ticket.

If you can prove it was a striped line at the time of your crossing, do it.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
El PresidenteLX said:
^^^ She knows her stuff. Talk to a lawyer and see if he can help you any.
My mom's a judge for this kind of stuff back in DE. Also, I've had my share of tickets and I used to work in the court system so you pick some of it up. I have a law book here, all of Delaware's laws, updated to I think 2004 or 2005, but it's DE laws and they will be a bit different than other state laws.

Anyway.. time for more sleep for me. I never get enough sleep. :(