tan car black hood?

LX-SEDAN-MAN

i have a 2000 civic lx sedan and its taan and i was wandering how a black hood would look on it since the car will be full of black highlights

1999EM1

I prefer to keep my car all one color, looks cleaner. I wouldn't even want a carbon fiber hood. The only thing that looks decent like that would be a black unpainted front lip and mesh grille. Anything else makes the car look cheap imo (Unpainted side skirts, unpainted rear lip, different colored fender, bumper, etc.)

But it's your car.

LX-SEDAN-MAN

I prefer to keep my car all one color, looks cleaner. I wouldn't even want a carbon fiber hood. The only thing that looks decent like that would be a black unpainted front lip and mesh grille. Anything else makes the car look cheap imo (Unpainted side skirts, unpainted rear lip, different colored fender, bumper, etc.)

But it's your car.
i understand what you mean

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
with a black hood people will just think that you got into an accident and couldn't afford to paint your hood..keep it one color.

emerican

Registered VIP
Keep it one color man no need for a black hood even if i got a cf one id paint match it.

LX-SEDAN-MAN

with a black hood people will just think that you got into an accident and couldn't afford to paint your hood..keep it one color.
yea i think the only way you could get away with a black or carbon fiber hood is a blue civic hatch hahaha

Cobl18

Registered VIP
or maybe a white one haha. my friend has a subaru with a black hood and it looks pretty sick. But tan and black, na i would paint it.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mis-matched body panels generally makes it look like you're too poor to afford parts. Keep it one color.

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if you can afford kevlar and really want a different hood, i'd go with that

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
kevlar on tan? gross. I'd rather see carbon on tan than kevlar, which is only slightly less gross :lol:

and this coming from a guy with a mismatched engine bay :lol:

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I like Kevlar on tan =) but I guess it depends on the shade of tan. I was imagining a lighter tan more of a cream like on the Kia souls. Only if hamsters are driving it though.

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I definitely would not do it, when people paint their hoods black on a Honda it just looks like you got in an accident and got the part from a junkyard or can't afford carbon fiber.

Decipher

Registered VIP
If you really want to be cool. Go with the rusted hood.

Even better, clearcoated rusted hood.

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I should do that to the rear doors of my civic so they open up like the Honda Element

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Isn't that door just sitting on the ground?

CO671

Registered VIP
It could just be me, but when I see a car with a black hood and mismatched body color, then I think they're wanna-be Carbon Fiber drivers. If I see mismatched lips and sideskirts, sometimes I think it's fine; but it'd be WAY cleaner if the car was all just one color, stripped off its badges, either slammed or not, I dig SI grilles on non-si's, maybe foglights, but fogs look better on the 99-00, and especially not a cheap ass fartcan that revs at you when you're side-by-side at the traffic light and the fartcan fag misses 2nd and 3rd gears..... such a disappointment to the Civic name. Other than that; if you're going to go to the trouble of painting the hood, either just paint the engine bay, or paint the whole car.