taught myself something new (PS)

GETxERxDONE

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i know i need to work on reflections..but havnt had time..or know where to begin.

Note: everything ive learned in photoshop was self taught, few hints here and there, but nothing major.

both the pic of the cars, and the fire was taken by me with my D40x. tell me what you think! and if you wanna help me with reflections ill be glad to let you lol

MasterShake

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
that interior of the car kills it, learn to fix that.

honda_power

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
does any1 know if i can download this program for free and where(google maybe)? thanks

GETxERxDONE

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
you can d/l it for free..i did but its not easy to find and its quite illegal

stolibears

Use your dipstick Jimmy!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
you can get from adobe's website for free.....for about 30 days.

Get a college buddy to buy you a copy of Photoshop Elements at the college bookstore. I think it's like $40 for the educational version.

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
work a lil more on the windows...reflections are sort of easy...take a good part on the opposing side of the car, flip them, place it on the car and adjust the opacity. then erase the spots that shouldn't be.

GETxERxDONE

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ahh cool thanks. ill work on it later

and photoshop can cost up to $600 depnds on what version you get

MajEK

Cry Some More
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Instead of cutting out the back windows to get the background in, select the windows and paste the background into it to match the back flames and set the opacity to your liking in overlay. Or set the opacity of the window with the background you got behind it. You wont get that hard cut and still keep the reflections in the windows. Then do the same for the reflections on the the paint and cabin. <~~ those might be a little harder to get right since its a reflection and not just pasting a background into it but you can blur it a little to just aim for the right color.

96 DX Hatch

Alex
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
yeah any hints? i was thinkin about just making it darker..ill try that
You could try selecting the interior with the lasso tool, and burning the interior a bit. Best to be around 35%

Reflections, you could try again the burn tool for the huge area, and the little areas can be covered with the clone tool and just select areas near the reflections to get the best match.

GETxERxDONE

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yall have me lost lol, but thanks..ill read it again when im not so busy but i think thats all i can mess with it today. might can try tonight. but for now i just finished this. tried to do alittle of the reflections. and darkened the interior alittle. what i originally did with the back glass to get the fire behind it was just select the windows and delete them. then tinted them but i was thinking about just going to the original windows since its one big reflection, and just get the fire on it, then change the opacity, but then again the fire wouldnt reflect as well as the sun, so i dont know how that would look. anywho, let me know what u think about this

GETxERxDONE

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i think i just need to blend it on the hood..but i cant figure out how to do that

MajEK

Cry Some More
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i think i just need to blend it on the hood..but i cant figure out how to do that
Blur it like I said but that windshield looks bad because you cut the back windows out. The part thats left is actually the windshield reflections so you'd want to keep those to put the fire reflections on. Drivers side looks good.

GETxERxDONE

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
so what you saying is, put the windshield back up and just reflect off of it? or just reflect the rest of the windshield?

how exactly do you blur? i tried and it didnt do anything.

but yeah i was proud of the drivers side too lol

MajEK

Cry Some More
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
so what you saying is, put the windshield back up and just reflect off of it? or just reflect the rest of the windshield?

how exactly do you blur? i tried and it didnt do anything.

but yeah i was proud of the drivers side too lol
Yeah, if you can. Instead of cutting out the back windows leave it alone. That way you can get the reflections on the whole windshield and not have to darken or whatever to get the glare off the inside panels. Otherwise your car will look like it has no windshield. And to get the flames to show through on the back, just cut them out(so it will look like what you have now), paste, then change the blending option and opacity of the window layer you just pasted till it looks good. You will probably have to mess around with the front windshield lighting to match the back windows after you do that.

Gaussian Blur(Filter>Blur>Gaussian Blur) is what I use but only use it on the flame layer so you can keep the detail on the car underneath. Unless the flame is right ontop of the car your not gonna get a perfect reflection like you had. So use the blur to get rid of that. You might need to bump up the opacity on the flames to get it to look right.