Tein S or Hight tech springs?

LXDriver

More HP is always good
5+ Year Member
Like the title says, which ones would you guys go for and why? both offer around a 1.5'' drop and its kinda wat im looking for, all I would need afterward is an alingment and thats aight, but which ones would u go for for a daily driver. I got a sedan 2000 ej6. Im looking for a decent drop to improve suspension a little more but still keep the ride "rideable"

asor3682

well the tein s is a 1.9f and 1.7r and the h is a 1.3f and 1.1r ... depends what size wheels u have too

LXDriver

More HP is always good
5+ Year Member
well the tein s is a 1.9f and 1.7r and the h is a 1.3f and 1.1r ... depends what size wheels u have too
They are those kinds of drops? I thought they'd be the same cuz it says on the descriptionof the website, and the wheels I got 15s wrapped in 195/50/15

zachkelly

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
kyb gr2's with tein s techs

175/65/14

205/50/15

205/40/17

hope this helps. btw, the 205/50/15s will rub in the front when you hit bumps at speeds above 40-50mph.
this is from an olddd thread, but it shows it with 15"s with a bit meatier tires than yourself.. idk maybe itll help you

EK|B

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
S-Techs. The H-Techs barley lower your car, and it will still look like stock.

LXDriver

More HP is always good
5+ Year Member
Weird, how come the description here on the specials page say that the S tech spring will drop ur car about 1.5 inches and the Tein website says they offer a 1.9f drop? I personally dont want my front end to be that low, any suggestions on other brands that offer around a 1.5" all around drop?

EK|B

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Weird, how come the description here on the specials page say that the S tech spring will drop ur car about 1.5 inches and the Tein website says they offer a 1.9f drop? I personally dont want my front end to be that low, any suggestions on other brands that offer around a 1.5" all around drop?
Well, the 1.5" is the actual drop, and the 1.9" is Tein's overestimated drop.

LXDriver

More HP is always good
5+ Year Member
Are u sure about that EK|B? cuz I dont want to spend money on something that I will regret later about the exaggerated front drop.

Does anybody else have any personal experience with the s-techs and how big is the actual drop once installed?

asor3682

the eibach pro kit is a 1.5f and 1.3r

EK|B

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Are u sure about that EK|B? cuz I dont want to spend money on something that I will regret later about the exaggerated front drop.

Does anybody else have any personal experience with the s-techs and how big is the actual drop once installed?
Yes I'm positive, I have done lots of research on them and have a ton of pics. The gap is noticeable and will probably get annoying. If you want you could get the H&R Sport springs which drop a realistic 2" and will clear the gap. The nice thing is they ride comfortably too.

LXDriver

More HP is always good
5+ Year Member
Well I'm not interested in a huge drop that seems that the fender is touching the tire, thats why I think a 1.5" drop is the biggest one I want, otherwise I would need a front camber kit right? Cuz from what I've heard is that you do need a camber kit if you slam your car. The third pic that zachkelly posted above is kind of what I'm after or something similar, something in which u can see the drop but not hit ur car on bumps in the street

EK|B

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You don't really need a camber kit regardless, just always get an alignment after messing with suspension.

FlexdXJ

5+ Year Member
You don't really need a camber kit regardless, just always get an alignment after messing with suspension.
These threads make me love my Jeep even more, I can align it with a tape measurer! :D I may be looking into the tein coils for my civic once I get it.