Tein's vs Koni/GC

rustycivic2000

Registered VIP
Basically, Koni's are 1-way adjustable. You can adjust the dampening capability of the shock, which basically controls the rebound of the suspension. When the control knob is at full soft, the rebound of the shock is slowed down, so the suspension feels softer when you hit a bump, because the shock is not stopping the motion as quickly. As you twist the knob towards stiff, it speeds up the rebound control, and so dampens the effects of a bump more quickly, giving a stiffer ride feel.

Not the best explanation, but I think I got the point across.

Jon247

Basically, Koni's are 1-way adjustable. You can adjust the dampening capability of the shock, which basically controls the rebound of the suspension. When the control knob is at full soft, the rebound of the shock is slowed down, so the suspension feels softer when you hit a bump, because the shock is not stopping the motion as quickly. As you twist the knob towards stiff, it speeds up the rebound control, and so dampens the effects of a bump more quickly, giving a stiffer ride feel.

Not the best explanation, but I think I got the point across.
Ok i definitely understand it a lot better now, ill have to mess around with that after i take it out for a ride. But only if i really have to. Thanks!

iSpeed

where did you pick up your koni/gc setup? CC store? ive wanted to invest in some FF type 1s until i found out about these

Jon247

where did you pick up your koni/gc setup? CC store? ive wanted to invest in some FF type 1s until i found out about these
Yeah straight from the CC store, they helped out a lot and had the cheapest prices i could find compared to anywhere else.

Black Magic

I'm Rick James, b***h
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I've had my Tein SS coilovers for 4 years... definitely worth the money and no complaints at all. Haven't heard anything bad about the koni/gc combo either, but since ur going that route you might wanna get their extended top hats also

Jon247

I've had my Tein SS coilovers for 4 years... definitely worth the money and no complaints at all. Haven't heard anything bad about the koni/gc combo either, but since ur going that route you might wanna get their extended top hats also
I definitely will when i save up a little bit more money, should i get them for all 4 or just the front ones? I'm all new to this haha