tell me what yall think

enyce223

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yo I like all the stuff yall are writing it is helping cause I dont know the first thing on how to put that engine togther but it will be a learning experice. But a lot of people are telling me that I should swap a h22a what yall think

BioHazard the Reaper

PHACM 1B
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by DOHCDX
that's not my point at all.... you wouldn't use an OBD2 ecu for CRVTEC/LSVTEC in an OBD1 car

why wouldnt you??if CRVTEC are only obd2 then how can you use a obd1 ecu for it?

SickCiViC

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
nice car! that Si would look sick as all hell with a CF or black, unpainted mugen lip on the front. it would also be the twin of another car i've autocrossed with.. rims and all.

DOHCDX

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by BioHazard
why wouldnt you??if CRVTEC are only obd2 then how can you use a obd1 ecu for it?
first off, let me state that i am assuming the CRVTEC is being installed in an OBD1 vehicle.... with that said:

the CRVTEC is not an OEM motor. so, you will not be able to engage VTEC with the CRV ECU. obviously, it's a non-VTEC ecu. technically you should be able to run it with either OBD1 or OBD2 ECU. however, because of more strict OBD2 emission requirements, it's easier to run OBD1. besides, it's being installed in an OBD1 car, so you don't need to waste the $$ on a jumper harness.

so, we need to use a DOHC VTEC ecu, or a SOHC VTEC ecu chipped with the appropriate timing/fuel maps to run a DOHC VTEC.

now, the last and most important concern, is that the b20 block (if not properly supported) will NOT rev as high as it's VTEC counterparts. so, if you have an OEM b20 block you SHOULD have the ecu chipped to lower the rev limit to 7200 for the non-VTEC.

Bangin' HB

surfing member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
$3000 for an si hatch is a pretty good deal (paid 3500 for my dx, but it was damn near flawless) but if your going to swap right away, why not look for a cx? you should be able to get it alot cheaper and its lighter. but i guess your like me and would rather have those rear disk and sunroof over less weight. ohhh, and i see DOHCDX proving he's not a n00b!

BioHazard the Reaper

PHACM 1B
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by DOHCDX
first off, let me state that i am assuming the CRVTEC is being installed in an OBD1 vehicle.... with that said:

the CRVTEC is not an OEM motor. so, you will not be able to engage VTEC with the CRV ECU. obviously, it's a non-VTEC ecu. technically you should be able to run it with either OBD1 or OBD2 ECU. however, because of more strict OBD2 emission requirements, it's easier to run OBD1. besides, it's being installed in an OBD1 car, so you don't need to waste the $$ on a jumper harness.

so, we need to use a DOHC VTEC ecu, or a SOHC VTEC ecu chipped with the appropriate timing/fuel maps to run a DOHC VTEC.

now, the last and most important concern, is that the b20 block (if not properly supported) will NOT rev as high as it's VTEC counterparts. so, if you have an OEM b20 block you SHOULD have the ecu chipped to lower the rev limit to 7200 for the non-VTEC.
ok so then how are you going to run a obd2 engine on a obd1 ecu with out a jumper....no matter what you do your gonna need a jumper even if you use a obd2 ecu....putting a higher obd motor into a lower obd car is going to require a harness....yeah you could use a obd1 ecu, but like you said it must be chipped, so why not just use a obd2 ecu?? ...and yes it has to be a vtec ecu

Declectic

SeanJohn1802
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
so is anyone going to explain to me why the muffler is on the driver's side of the car/????

Declectic

SeanJohn1802
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yah well its NOT NORMAL obviously, the only conclusion (logical) that i came up with is that it was done to be different... or is there another reason?

-daniel

enyce223

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I know I should know this but what do yall think the si will run in the quater just wondering