The Boosted ZC Build thread

apekd

-----Distracted you, huh?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
haha yeah im talkin about the good coil overs that are new haha, yeah man i hope you can get that hoe painted, flat black would make your hatch "stealthy" haha, i wanted to do a black frontend for a while, but gave up after i saw the green

boosted_zc

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
haha yeah im talkin about the good coil overs that are new haha, yeah man i hope you can get that hoe painted, flat black would make your hatch "stealthy" haha, i wanted to do a black frontend for a while, but gave up after i saw the green
Ya ive always like green, especially flat ones, look good on the 4th gens i find

apekd

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i found out that my buddy painted his EG hatch to a dark olive green, doesnt look too great on it, i think he should have kept it white too...but ED's / EF's seem to have a lot more colors that look good on them than the other generations.

boosted_zc

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Its really true ones that you'd never think..... anyways

So i ripped apart more of the car

And put some more back together

and thought while it was stripped might aswell make it all 1 color

as u can see couple places need to be touched up but i had to pick up the gf from work and was already late lol....

Going back well i guess today to take out the trailing arms and put most of the interior back in

apekd

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yeah, cant wait to finish painting my engine bay, just gotta take off my fenders and hood so i can get as much as possible....and i also gotta paint the door jambs and the hatch jam too

boosted_zc

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ya i just finished all that.... im happy with the look of it....

anyways another update, threw the headlights and a couple things on the firewall and all the brake lines hooked up and such

Then put the traction bars on, need 2 more bolts cause I dont have them but ull get the idea

Also ripped out the rear trailing arm cause were putting new bushings in that aswell

And i put the coilovers on the front and painted all the forks and brake stuff gloss black

boosted_zc

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
so i got a new update, like i said earlier i wanted to have it done for the sport compact drag races this weekend... but then ran into some problems, one my tuner was booked solid and 2 the guy thats suppose to put the headgasket, headstuds, timing belt, cam gears and valve seals in didnt have time either..... I have also never missed this event in the past 4 or 5 years now and wasnt about too lol, so tomorrow the engine goes back in.... everything else is back together including all new brakes and bushings in the rear, with the rotas and a cf hood on the flat black, looks pretty sick.... anyways thought id keep you guys updated on the situation.... trust me boost is happening just when i can get the engine and tuning done.... i missed the old girl and tired of driving my winter beater in july lol

boosted_zc

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
tried to get some tonight.... but way to dark, ill get some for you guys tomorrow

apekd

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
man those rear LCA's looks mean! and that bay looks clean, either do some satin black to finish it, or do gloss, thats what i would do. looks way better than the red bay did

boosted_zc

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
so as some of you saw this weekend i got the civic back together, going to the shop today just to check on some things and either raise it up a bit in the front:( or roll the fenders cause it scrapes on sharp corners.... anyways took a couple pics, car is still dirty as hell and full of bugs from the weekend of driving to the races and back.... but ya here she is

N/A :(

boosted_zc

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
so new update, the zc i put in the car last spring well it never really worked right.... it just wasnt pulling strong like it should have, and like i was use to with the previous zc, changed maps and tps and still worked like crap..... anyways so tonight my alternator dies on me which well i was kinda pissed about but then my buddy got shane there

threw some booster cables on it and let it charge up for like 10-15 and made it to my dads shop, and since i am the zc and ef parts god of course i had an extra alternator lol.... anyways throw that on and bam, car works like im use to the old zc working.... seems like ive been driving with a shitty alternator for the past year.... so needless to say im even more happy to have the civic back =)

apekd

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
man, thats a mean looking hatchy, and sick CF ZC hood, i think that it just needs to be all gloss black, and the hatch would be done....and the intake you have looks nice too...funny thing about the alternator, ive been there with a ford...but hey...atleast they circle the problem..lol

boosted_zc

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
So me and mark decided to throw my arp headstuds in the other day...

So we brought in the garage

then mark showed up

Started rippin everything off and was actually fairly clean inside

Then the head came off

Then it went to the machince shop to put the new valve seals in and came back all nice and shiney

then put the headstuds in

Head back on

Then threw the cams back in and torqued it all down with my new JG Engine Dynamic Cam Gears :D

Put my other valve cover on, ya i know it needs another coat lol

Arent they sexy lol(engines running in this pic lol)

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nice progress. Whens it getting boosted?

boosted_zc

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
as soon as i get money for couplers and clamps for the ic piping and money for my local guy to throw it on the dyno and tune it.... got a buddy that owes me 600 so once he gives me that on the 5th right about then lol

boosted_zc

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
So this was put on the back burner but started it again

Ok so new update, my tuner delivered this to my buddies place=)

this will go with my TD43U obd1 zc dizzy and po6 ecu

Also gonna order an aftermarket wastegate for my T28 and have my innovative 75A motor mounts coming in in like 2 weeks...

Gonna try and do my obd0-obd1 conversion this weekend and then maybe mock some stuff up... pics will follow