The dealwith test pipes

djrenok

Titanium-Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
So imfinallydroppingmy motor in, and deciding to drop the CAT out and get something less restrictive .....I have a 3" Kteller exhaust catback,and using a 3" downpipe. Should I use a test pipe instead of the stock CAT or whats the whole thing about that? Using a stock cat with a turbo setup doesnt sound right to use....

BMac00EX

5+ Year Member
Not worth the 1hp and all the other Plants, animals, and Ozone that will be gettin killed. better off with a high flow plus u wont get a CEL . unlke a tp

hardcore97

Hard Core
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i ran a test pipe just fine with no CEL for it. i would either get a test pipe or a high flow cat with 3 inch inlet/outlet

ryanM

if you are turbo a test pipe will be fine.

slowcivic E G

bla bla bla
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you will make much more than 1hp with a turbo setup by getting rid of the cat. that will restrict the motor a whole lot. NA or boost. any restriction after the header/downpipe is back pressure and losing power.

djrenok

Titanium-Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
you will make much more than 1hp with a turbo setup by getting rid of the cat. that will restrict the motor a whole lot. NA or boost. any restriction after the header/downpipe is back pressure and losing power.
Yeah thats what I thought. I bought one yesterday......I didnt see 3" DP into a stock cat then to a 3" exhaust sounded like it was good idea........is it loud with the test pipes?

TiiM iiS l3eAsT

Scamming Piece Of s**t
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
im running a flex pipe....with no test pipe or cat.....f**k em ....hahaha im also friends with the inspector thou so i can get away with it :lol:

xxsenceo89x

aka superman
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Not worth the 1hp and all the other Plants, animals, and Ozone that will be gettin killed. better off with a high flow plus u wont get a CEL . unlke a tp
dont post if you dont know. on a bone stock sohc youre correct but this is for a boosted engine. less restriction = quicker spool and easier flow out =more power

TiiM iiS l3eAsT

Scamming Piece Of s**t
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
dont post if you dont know. on a bone stock sohc youre correct but this is for a boosted engine. less restriction = quicker spool and easier flow out =more power
:word:

you will gain more than 1hp from taking out the cat on a boosted engine...

SlowTEC

Initiate brain dump in...
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
A 3" High Flow Cat wouldn't be horrible for performance, and would be better for the environment. However, straight pipe definitely yields the best results, who cares about global warming afterall... :roll:.

bizoneoeh

Ex-Gang Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I run a straight pipe with a 2.75" exhaust and love it. It's not loud at all, just a nice deep tone.

d-proff

5+ Year Member
you only get a CEL from a test pipe if your obd2 but if you are obd2 and dont want a CEL get one with the o2 sensor spot for it to go into

hondadna

Rep the 330!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
With my high-flow I can read the news paper threw the damn thing and have passed every E-check in the last 8 years....

djrenok

Titanium-Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
you only get a CEL from a test pipe if your obd2 but if you are obd2 and dont want a CEL get one with the o2 sensor spot for it to go into
Yeah I have a 02 sensor bung on the downpipe. Testpipe doesnt have one......Its just a plain ST 3" pipe.